Tandav starring Saif Ali Khan, Gauahar Khan, Kritika Kamra, Sunil Grover amongst others, released on 15th January.
The show has been directed by Ali Abbas Zafar and created a lot of buzz amongst viewers. Despite using a pure fiction, things have now turned upside down for the team.
BJP MLA Ram Kadam has filed a complaint over allegedly ‘disrespecting Hindu gods.’ Below are all the details you need.
It all began as Ram Kadam on Sunday moved to Ghatkopar Police Station and filed a police complaint. The complaint was lodged against all the actors, directors as well as the creators.
News wire ANI confirmed the news as Saif Ali Khan starrer Tandav continued to witness backlash on Twitter. “Maharashtra: BJP MLA Ram Kadam lodges a complaint against the makers of web series Tandav at Ghatkopar police station in Mumbai for allegedly insulting Hindu Gods.
‘Strict against should be taken against the actor, director and producer of the web series,’ he says,” read their tweet.
“‘It seems that makers of Tandav have deliberately mocked Hindu Gods & disrespected Hindu religious sentiments,’ he writes,” read their tweet.
Amidst it all, security outside Saif Ali Khan’s house has been beefed up. Earlier in the day, the paparazzi noticed a police van outside the actor’s house.
Hashtags like #BanTandavNow, #BoycottBollywood have been trending on Twitter ever since the issue came to notice. One can even see the IMDb rating of Tandav drop down to 3.4 amid the controversy!.
- T20 World Cup 2021: Indian Skipper Virat Kohli says KL Rahul to open with Rohit Sharma
- T20 World Cup: England’s cricketer Liam Livingstone doubtful after Finger Injury
- T20 World Cup OMN vs BAN: Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Dream11 Prediction
- CSK’s opener Ruturaj Gaikwad gets a grand welcome at home
- T20 World Cup: Gautam Gambhir says ‘Hardik Pandya must bowl to get into India’s playing XI’
- IPL 2021: Top 3 performers for KKR in the tournament
- MS Dhoni confirms He will continue to pay for CSK in IPL 2022