Tandav starring Saif Ali Khan, Gauahar Khan, Kritika Kamra, Sunil Grover amongst others, released on 15th January.
The show has been directed by Ali Abbas Zafar and created a lot of buzz amongst viewers. Despite using a pure fiction, things have now turned upside down for the team.
BJP MLA Ram Kadam has filed a complaint over allegedly ‘disrespecting Hindu gods.’ Below are all the details you need.
It all began as Ram Kadam on Sunday moved to Ghatkopar Police Station and filed a police complaint. The complaint was lodged against all the actors, directors as well as the creators.
News wire ANI confirmed the news as Saif Ali Khan starrer Tandav continued to witness backlash on Twitter. “Maharashtra: BJP MLA Ram Kadam lodges a complaint against the makers of web series Tandav at Ghatkopar police station in Mumbai for allegedly insulting Hindu Gods.
‘Strict against should be taken against the actor, director and producer of the web series,’ he says,” read their tweet.
“‘It seems that makers of Tandav have deliberately mocked Hindu Gods & disrespected Hindu religious sentiments,’ he writes,” read their tweet.
Amidst it all, security outside Saif Ali Khan’s house has been beefed up. Earlier in the day, the paparazzi noticed a police van outside the actor’s house.
Hashtags like #BanTandavNow, #BoycottBollywood have been trending on Twitter ever since the issue came to notice. One can even see the IMDb rating of Tandav drop down to 3.4 amid the controversy!.
- Rishabh Pant Takes a Dig At Urvarshi Rautela: Sad How Some People Are so Thirsty For Fame and Name
- Maine Toh School Bhi Nahi Kiya: Virat Kohli
- Harley-Davidson Nightster Launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh: Check Features & Price
- New Zealand Pacer shock move as the Kiwi star granted release from the contract in a seismic moment
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 Leaked!! Check Price, Specifications
- Apple to launch iOS 16 beta 5: Check new features for iPhone
- Infinix Smart 6 HD launched at a Price of Rs 6799