Australian legend and all-time great leg spinner Shane Warne has passed away at the age of 52.
Warne’s management has issued a brief statement stating that he died of a suspected heart attack in Thailand.
The statement reads: “Shane was found unresponsive in his villa and despite the best efforts of medical staff, he could not be revived.”
“The family requests privacy at this time and will provide further details in due course.”
Shane Warne was one of the only two players to have taken over 1,000 wickets in international cricket.
According to media reports, he died due to a ‘suspected heart attack’. His demise left fans and his well-wishers in major shock.
They also mourned his death on social media. Following this, Bollywood celebrities too expressed grief over the spinner’s death. Ranveer Singh, Varun Dhawan, Anil Kapoor, Ananya Panday, Bhumi Pednekar and others took to social media to pay their condolences.
Ranveer Singh mourned his demise while Varun Dhawan posted the late cricketer’s photo and wrote “RIP”. Actress Ananya Panday too posted his image with a broken heart emoji. Anil Kapoor took to his official Twitter handle and tweeted, “This news has left millions like me in shock & disbelief…gone too soon…May you rest in peace King Of Spin…” Taking to Instagram, actress Bhumi Pednekar wrote, “RIP, Shocked!” along with folding hands emoticons.
- Apple’s Second-Gen HomePod launched in India: Specifications, Features, & Price
- iOS 16.3 Update Features like Apple ID security keys, HomePod Support & More
- Oppo Reno 8T launched in India: Check Full Details
- PUBG Mobile Honey Badger: Full Guide & Tips for Pro players
- Leaked!! iPhone 15 Series Price Leaked- Reports
- Redmi Note 12 5G Launched at Price Rs 16,499: Check Specifications
- PUBG Mobile 2.4 Update: Feature, Rewards, Release Date, and More