Former Indian cricketer Gautam Gambhir said about ex-Pakistani allrounder Shahid Afridi tested positive with COVID-19.
Gautam Gambhir wished recovery for Afridi after the former Pakistan skipper took to Twitter and made the announcement and urging fans to pray for him.
Gambhir, speaking at Salaam Cricket 2020, said he does not want the virus to infect anybody, not just Afridi.
Nobody should be infected with this virus. I have political differences with Shahid Afridi but I want him to recover as soon as possible. But more than Afridi I want every person infected in my country to get well as soon as possible,” gautam said.
It was earlier on Saturday (June 13) when Afridi took to social media to announce that he has been tested COVID-19 positive and asked all his followers to pray for him.
“I’ve been feeling unwell since Thursday; my body had been aching badly. I’ve been tested and unfortunately I’m covid positive. Need prayers for a speedy recovery, InshaAllah”
Afridi had been at the forefront of the fight against coronavirus in Pakistan. His Foundation has been helping the needy with essential commodities during the pandemic in Pakistan.
- T20 World Cup 2021: Indian Skipper Virat Kohli says KL Rahul to open with Rohit Sharma
- T20 World Cup: England’s cricketer Liam Livingstone doubtful after Finger Injury
- T20 World Cup OMN vs BAN: Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Dream11 Prediction
- CSK’s opener Ruturaj Gaikwad gets a grand welcome at home
- T20 World Cup: Gautam Gambhir says ‘Hardik Pandya must bowl to get into India’s playing XI’
- IPL 2021: Top 3 performers for KKR in the tournament
- MS Dhoni confirms He will continue to pay for CSK in IPL 2022