Oscars 2022: Director Tha Se Gnanavel’s critically-acclaimed Tamil courtroom drama ‘Jai Bhim’ and Priyadarshan’s Malayalam war film ‘Marakkar: Arabikadalinte Simham’, failed to make it to the list of nominations for the 94th Academy Awards that were announced on Tuesday.
Hosted by Tracee Ellis Ross and Leslie Jordan, the 94th nominations show began precisely at 6.48 PM (IST).
Ten nominees were announced in the Best Picture category, which was the last of the categories to be announced.
While all other nominees in all other categories were chosen by members of their respective branches, nominees for Best Picture were chosen by the entire academy.
Read More | Mud Mud Ke Teaser: Jacqueline Fernandez and Michele Morrone amp up the drama in glamorous song
The film’s director TJ Gnanavel talked about the opening scene in the video, whose official description reads as, “Jai Bhim weaves in real case studies helmed by Activist-Lawyer Chandru, who brought justice to indigenous tribes in Tamilnadu through his relentless efforts. Writer-director TJ Gnanavel reveals how the story narrative was formed and executed.”
It is worth mentioning that India’s official entry for the Oscars 2022 was the Tamil drama ‘Koozhangal’ (Pebbles). Screened at various international film festivals earning accolades for the nation, the P. S. Vinothraj directorial hasn’t been officially released yet in India. But there’s good news for the country as well since the Indian documentary ‘Writing With Fire’ has been nominated under the Best Documentary Feature category.
Read More | Brit Awards 2022: Adele Wins Bag at Brit Awards
The nominations for the 94th Academy Awards were announced by Tracee Ellis Ross and Leslie Jordan on Tuesday evening (local time). Oscars 2022, the most awaited night in Hollywood, will be held on Sunday, March 27, at the Dolby Theatre.
The films that managed to make the cut in this list are ‘Drive My Car’ (Japan), ‘Flee’ (Denmark), ‘The Hand of God’ (Italy), ‘Lunana: A Yak in the Classroom’ (Bhutan) and ‘The Worst Person in the World’ (Norway).
Indian fans were deeply disappointed as earlier in the day, a tweet by a popular US scribe had kindled hopes of ‘Jai Bhim’ making the cut. However, that was not to be.
Both ‘Jai Bhim’ and ‘Marakkar: Arabikadalinte Simham’ (Marakkar: Lion of the Arabian Sea), were on the list of 276 movies eligible for this year’s Academy Awards.
The Oscar ceremony is scheduled to be held on Sunday, March 27, at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood and will be televised on the American network ABC and in more than 200 territories worldwide.
- Pakistan Former WK Batsmen Kamran Akmal Feels- ‘If Umran Malik Was In Pakistan, I Think He Would Have Made It To The National Team’
- Free Fire MAX 2022: Top 6 Looking Emotes
- TATA IPL LSG vs RR Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Head to Head, Pitch Report for Lucknow Super Giants vs Rajasthan Royals Indian Premier League Season 15 Match 63
- IPL CSK vs GT Fantasy Tips, Playing XI, Head to Head Records, Pitch Report, And Dream11 Team
- KKR vs SRH 2022 Dream11 Prediction, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Fantasy Tips for TATA IPL Match 61, 14 MAY 2022
- IPL: A Big Blow for KKR as Pat Cummins Ruled Out of The Tournament Due to Hips Injury
- Free Fire Advance Server OB34 Rolls out new Features – Character, Finn Pet, and More