Congress president Rahul Gandhi said on Monday, government should move swiftly to resolve the crisis in Assam after reports that the name of many Indian citizens are missing in the draft NRC.
Rahul Gandhi took a social media amd called to move a tardy execution of his critical and highly sensitive exercise.
The national Register of Citizens was initiated by the UPA under Manmohan Singh Ji to fulfill the commitment made in Assam accord of 1985. But this exercise has been undertaken by the BJP Government at the centre in the state of Assam leave much to be desired, Rahul Gandhi said in Facebook post.
Congress chief said that “there are reports pouring in from all concern of Indian Citizens finfing their names mission in the draft NRC, creating a massive insecurity in the state. Clearly , after spending close to 1,200 Crore the execution of this critical and highly sensitive exercise has been tardy. Government must move swiftly to resolve this crisis”
He wrote in the facebook, He was referring to the pact under which it was agreed to identify illegal immigrants, who had entered Assam after Bangladesh’ creation in 1971.
Gandhi appealed to his party members to “Help all those against whom an injustice has been done in the draft NRC, no matter what their religion , caste, gender, linguistic group or political affiliation”.
Previously Congress demanded an all party meeting over the issue. Asked the government to inform the opposition of the steps the steps it proposed to ensure that no Indian citizen is left out.
Mamta Banerjee accused the Centre if resrting to vote bank and , divide and rule policy, alleging that exclusion of over 40 lakh people was an “attempt to evict the Bengalis and Biharis from Assam”.
Congress spokesman Anand Sharma insisted till the all matters related to the NRC are settled people and families should not be separated.
He claimed Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh ad admitted in Lok Sabha to shortcomings in the process of preparing the NRC, as per Hindustantimes.
With input from PTI
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play
- IPL 2021 Rajasthan Royals: Evin Lewis suffers shoulder injury during CPL Final
- IPL 2021: How to Buy Online IPL Tickets for matches in UAE’s Sharjah, Dubai & Abu Dhabi- Steps by Steps Explained
- IPL 2021 Playoff Qualification Status: Check what MI, CSK, DC, RCB, RR, KKR, SRH, PBKS need to qualify for IPL 2021 Playoffs
- IPL 2021: Fans allowed in Stadium to Watch IPL UAE Leg