Children between 15-18 can register for COVID-19: Children between 15 to 18 years will be now able to register on the CoWIN platform from Jan 1, As per the Government of India.
The registration for these children is set to begin on the CoWIN app from January 1, 2022.
For registering, children have been permitted to use their student ID cards in case they do not have Aadhaar or any other identity cards, CoWIN platform Chief Dr RS Sharma told ANI.
This announcement was made by CoWIN platform Chief Dr RS Sharma on Monday.
Okaya launches Faast Electric Scooter to Rival Ola S1, Ather 450X: Check driving range, other details
While speaking to the media, Dr Sharma said, “We’ve added an additional (10th) ID card for registration – the student ID card because some might not have Aadhaar or other identity cards.” The information regarding the registration process has been announced just two days after PM Modi’s announcement regarding child immunization.
Sharma also confirmed that the first precautionary dose of the Covid vaccine will be given to those above 60 years of age who received their second dose of the vaccine nine months before registering for the third. The process of registration will be exactly the same, he said.
This would mean that the first lot of recipients of the precautionary vaccine will be those who received their second shot by April this year.
An official source further confirmed, “Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin is the only COVID-19 vaccine which will be administered, for now, to children in the age group of 15-18 years who will be inoculated from January 3. The estimated population to be covered in this category is seven to eight crores.”
How Children 15-18 register on CoWIN:
- Download CoWIN app or go to the official website of CoWIN.
- In Homepage, click on the Register option
- Fill Mobile number and ask for OTP
- Enter OTP
- Fill your details with ID proof.
- You can enter your Aadhaar number or your student ID number
- After verified, you will be registered on CoWIN
- You will be able to view your details on CoWIN and book a slot for vaccination.
- Here’s Why SKY is better than Rishabh Pant and Shreyas Iyer at the No 4 Position for T20 World Cup
- Irfan Pathan Picks His Indian Playing XI for T20 World Cup 2022
- Yuvraj Singh Shared Name of His Son in Instagram
- ICC T20I Rankings: Ishan Kishan breaks into top 10 T20I batsmen after sensational performance against Proteas
- What is GTA 5’s Canon Ending? Explained all 3 endings
- Free Fire: List 5 Best Landing Spots in Bermuda Map
- iQOO 10, iQOO 10 Pro to Launch in July