Monsoon has brought with it a rise in mosquito-borne diseases like dengue, malaria, and chikungunya. India becomes a worst-hit
The Aedes aegypti mosquito is the main vector that transmits the virus that cause dengue. The viruses are passed on to humans through the bites of an infective female Aedes mosquito. Mainly acquire the virus while feeding on the blood of an infected person.
According to the report, the side effects of dengue – high fever (104° F), joined by severe headache, pain behind the eyes, nausea, and vomiting, swollen glands, muscle, and joint pains and rashes. Symptoms usually last for 2-7 days, following an incubation time of 4-10 days subsequent to being nibbled by a contaminated mosquito.
Dengue causes include stomach pain, persistent vomiting, rapid breathing, bleeding, gums, blood in vomit, fatigue, and restlessness.
Dengue virus (DEN) consists of four distinct serotypes (DEN-1, DEN-2, DEN-3, and DEN-4) which belong to the genus Flavivirus, family Flaviviridae. Distinct genotypes have been identified within each serotype, high lighted the extensive genetic variability of dengue serotypes. Among them, Asia genotypes of DEN-2 and DEN-3 are frequently associated with severe disease accompanying secondary dengue infections.
There is no specific treatment for dengue fever, patients should look for medical advice, take rest and drink a lot of liquids. Paracetamol can help to cut down fever and decrease joint pains.
You should wear proper clothing to avoid mosquito bites. In addition, the mosquito-repellents can also help to keep the mosquito away.
During the first week of infection, the Dengue virus can be found in a person’s blood. If a mosquito bites a person during this period, it can become infected and spread the virus to other people through bites.
- T20 World Cup 2021: Indian Skipper Virat Kohli says KL Rahul to open with Rohit Sharma
- T20 World Cup: England’s cricketer Liam Livingstone doubtful after Finger Injury
- T20 World Cup OMN vs BAN: Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Dream11 Prediction
- CSK’s opener Ruturaj Gaikwad gets a grand welcome at home
- T20 World Cup: Gautam Gambhir says ‘Hardik Pandya must bowl to get into India’s playing XI’
- IPL 2021: Top 3 performers for KKR in the tournament
- MS Dhoni confirms He will continue to pay for CSK in IPL 2022