5 Indian Cricketers who have venture into Politics: Indian cricketers have larger-than-life as they celebrated more than any other type of celebrity.
Most of the poeple know the name of crickters in every corner of the India. After served in cricket, many players make career in politics.
Cricketer try to use their social popularity to influence people and bring a change in society.
He entered in politics with Lok Sabha elections in 2019 from the East Delhi constituency against AAP.
However, he won the election by almost 7 lakh votes.
He contested the 2021 West Bengal Legislative Assembly elections from the Shibpur constituency. He won and later appointed as the Minister of State for Sports and Youth Affairs. Manoj turned out for Bengal in the recently concluded Ranji Trophy.
A great off-spinner took oath in Rajya Sabha as a MP, representing the AAP. The former cricketre has declared that he wants to server the people of Punjab and the nation in the coming days.
After the infamous match-fixing scandal broke out, Azharuddin was away from the limelight for almost 10 years before appearing in public life again, this time to serve the people as a politician.
He entered politics in 2009 and contested the Lok Sabha elections from Moradabad for the Indian National Congress. Azharuddin has also served as the working president of the Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee.
Azad, who represented India in seven Tests and 25 ODIs, tried his hand at broadcasting after hanging up his boots before joining politics. The former cricketer joined BJP and represented the party for more than two decades, winning from Bihar’s Darbhanga seat.
However, he criticized senior leader Arun Jaitley over alleged irregularities and corruption in the Delhi and District Cricket Association, which led to his ouster from the party. He joined Congress in 2019 before joining TMC ahead of the 2022 Legislative Assembly elections in five states.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo Arrives in Qatar in Style Along with Team Portugal
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes engage in an AWKWARD interaction
- Manchester United Didn’t Believe My Daughter Was ill in Hospital When I missed Pre-Reson: Cristiano Ronaldo
- IPL 2023 Retention: KKR is all set to release Pat Cummins
- Free Fire OB37 Update Features: New Zombie Mode, Gun, Pet, and More
- IPL 2023 Retention: MI & CSK Retained and Released players list; MI releases Kieron Pollard, CSK retains Ravindra Jadeja
- Step to Activate 5G on Apple iPhone 12, 13, 14 Series