Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajapee , who had been admitted to the AIIMS Delhi for the past few days, died on Thursday at 93.
After a long illness the 93 year old HNJP leader was suffering from multiple ailments, he was put on life support system by doctors after his condition became critical in the last 24 hours.
He was diabetic and has only one functional kidney , he suffered a stroke in 2009 that weakened his cognitive abilities Subsequently , he developed dementia.
Atal Bihari Vajapee admitted to the AIIMS Delhi ion June 11 with kidney infection , chest congestion, urinary tract infection and low urine output.
A statement released by the AIIMD read, “It is with profound grief that we inform about the sad demise of Former Prime Minister of India, Shri Atal Bihari Vajapee at 5:05 PM on August 16, 2018”
AIIMS said Mr Atal Bihari Vajapee condition deteriorated over last 36 hours and he was put on life support System. “Despite the best of efforts, we have lost him today”, the statement released by Sr Aarti Vij, Chairperson, Media and Protocol DIvision”
On Thursday morning Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu and BJP leader, ,including Home Minister Rajnath Singh and president Amit Shah, had visited and Deputy Chief Minister Manish SIsodia also visited the hospital , Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was expected to arrive later in the Day.
He was born Dec 25, 1924 in Gwalior , Mr Atal Bihari Vajapee was elected 10 times to the LOk Sabha from four different states and was twice a Member of the Rajya Sabha in stories career.
Atal Bihari Vajapee was the first BJP leader to be sworn in as the prime minister and the first Non-Congress PM to complete five year term.
Atal Bihari Vajapee was entered politics during the Quit India movement in 1942, he did his graduation and post Graduation in Political Science form Victoria college in Gwalior, MP and at the DAV college in Kanpur in UP, Where he first contested and lost an election.
Atal Bihari Vajapee was first elected to parliament in 1962 as a member of Rajya Sabha , in 1971, he won his first Lok Sabha seat. He elected to the Lok Sabha seven times and twice to the Rajya Sabha.
- Free Fire OB35 Advance Server: Starts Date & Time, Activation Code, and More
- List Cricketer Made T20I Debuts for India but Yet are to Play a Match in 2022
- PUBG revealed Deston Map officially: All You Need to Know
- Here’s Why SKY is better than Rishabh Pant and Shreyas Iyer at the No 4 Position for T20 World Cup
- Irfan Pathan Picks His Indian Playing XI for T20 World Cup 2022
- Yuvraj Singh Shared Name of His Son in Instagram
- ICC T20I Rankings: Ishan Kishan breaks into top 10 T20I batsmen after sensational performance against Proteas