Honda to launch Activa E Electric Scooter: Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India President, Atsushi Ogata, has confirmed that the Japanese bikemaker is evaluating our market for EVs and mentioned, “…able to see an actual HMSI EV product within the next financial year.” during an interview with ET Auto.
The Activa moniker can easily be one of the best-selling automotive sub-brands in the history of India.
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) has been riding the ICE-powered scooter volumes with the help of the iconic Activa brand.
Last year, the Honda Benly e electric scooter was spotted testing at the ARAI (Automotive Research Association Of India) facility in Pune.
No, the Japanese bikemaker is not contemplating bringing a B2B product in our market, but to test the battery-swapping technology.
For this, Honda has also set up its subsidiary, Honda Power Pack Energy India Private Limited, and is currently doing a pilot run with three-wheelers in Bengaluru.
Honda favoring battery-swapping doesn’t come as a surprise, as a large chunk of the Indian consumers may not have an EV charging point in their residential/work complex.
With Bounce introducing a subscription-based battery-swapping model, and Hero teaming up with Gogoro for its upcoming EVs, only concretes the fact that battery-swapping could be the solution for economic, hassle-free charging.
Many new electric scooter brands have taken over the Indian market, with the exception of Hero Electric.
With more and more established brands entering the segment, we can expect an even fierce competition to attract EV buyers.
The ‘Activa’ brand will be an immediate pull for the Indian audience. New-age brands such as Ola Electric, Ather Energy and Okinawa Autotech are also trying to woo the Indian buyer with tons of features, futuristic design, and much more. HMSI may enter the race late but it seems to have an ace up its sleeve.
Read More | How to transfer PUBG Mobile Data: Complete Guide
- Apple iPhone 14 Accessories That You Use Every Day
- South African Provincial T20 Cup Full Schedule, Squads, Teams, Date & Time
- SHOCKING!! Indian Pacer Jasprit Bumrah ruled out of T20 World Cup Due to Injury
- Moeen Ali Wants to Ban Controversial Run-Out Rule
- KCA President Cup T20: LIO vs PAN Dream11 Prediction, Playing XI, Head to Head, Pitch Report for KCA Cup 2022
- How to Get The Ornamental Touch Desert Eagle And Warder Captain Bundle in Free Fire MAX
- iOS 16 Users Continue to Face unaddressed Bugs and Battery Drain Problems