Honda to launch Activa E Electric Scooter: Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India President, Atsushi Ogata, has confirmed that the Japanese bikemaker is evaluating our market for EVs and mentioned, “…able to see an actual HMSI EV product within the next financial year.” during an interview with ET Auto.
The Activa moniker can easily be one of the best-selling automotive sub-brands in the history of India.
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) has been riding the ICE-powered scooter volumes with the help of the iconic Activa brand.
Last year, the Honda Benly e electric scooter was spotted testing at the ARAI (Automotive Research Association Of India) facility in Pune.
No, the Japanese bikemaker is not contemplating bringing a B2B product in our market, but to test the battery-swapping technology.
For this, Honda has also set up its subsidiary, Honda Power Pack Energy India Private Limited, and is currently doing a pilot run with three-wheelers in Bengaluru.
Honda favoring battery-swapping doesn’t come as a surprise, as a large chunk of the Indian consumers may not have an EV charging point in their residential/work complex.
With Bounce introducing a subscription-based battery-swapping model, and Hero teaming up with Gogoro for its upcoming EVs, only concretes the fact that battery-swapping could be the solution for economic, hassle-free charging.
Many new electric scooter brands have taken over the Indian market, with the exception of Hero Electric.
With more and more established brands entering the segment, we can expect an even fierce competition to attract EV buyers.
The ‘Activa’ brand will be an immediate pull for the Indian audience. New-age brands such as Ola Electric, Ather Energy and Okinawa Autotech are also trying to woo the Indian buyer with tons of features, futuristic design, and much more. HMSI may enter the race late but it seems to have an ace up its sleeve.
Read More | How to transfer PUBG Mobile Data: Complete Guide
- Grand Theft Auto: How to Download Original GTA San Andreas
- Apex Legends Mobile System Requirement, Pre-register Rewarded
- CCMH vs VFNR Dream11 Prediction, Pitch Report, Playing XI, Head to Head for match 26
- CCP vs MRS Dream11 Prediction, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Head to Head for Match 25 of St. Lucia T10 Cup
- Pakistan Former WK Batsmen Kamran Akmal Feels- ‘If Umran Malik Was In Pakistan, I Think He Would Have Made It To The National Team’
- Free Fire MAX 2022: Top 6 Looking Emotes
- TATA IPL LSG vs RR Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Head to Head, Pitch Report for Lucknow Super Giants vs Rajasthan Royals Indian Premier League Season 15 Match 63