India Tour of South Africa: Indian opener KL Rahul has been named captaincy in place of Rohit Sharma who misses out due to hamstring injury.
All-rounder Jayant Yadav and pacer Navdeep Saini have been added to India’s squad for the upcoming ODI series against South Africa.
Jayant Yadav replaces Washington Sundar, who returned with a positive result for the COVID-19 virus and has been ruled of the series.
On the other hand, Saini has been included in the team as a backup for Mohammed Siraj. He suffered a hamstring injury during the second Test and South Africa and is missing the third Test.
Jayant played his only ODI for the men in blues way back in 2016 against New Zealand. He returned with the figures of 1 for 8 in four overs.
He is part of the Indian Test squad while Saini Last played an ODI against Sri Lanka in July.
The three-match ODI series, which is part of the ODI Super League, will start on January 19. Paarl will be hosting the first two ODIs while Newlands Stadium will host the 3rd ODI on January 23. All matches will start at 2 pm IST.
Last time around when team India played an ODI series in South Africa. They dominated the series winning the 6 matches ODI Series 5-1. They would hope to continue good form from the last series
India’s ODI squad:
KL Rahul (Captain), Jasprit Bumrah (vice-captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Venkatesh Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wicket-keeper), Ishan Kishan (wicket-keeper), Yuzvendra Chahal, R Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Deepak Chahar, Prasidh Krishna, Shardul Thakur, Md. Siraj, Jayant Yadav, Navdeep Saini.
- Apple’s Second-Gen HomePod launched in India: Specifications, Features, & Price
- iOS 16.3 Update Features like Apple ID security keys, HomePod Support & More
- Oppo Reno 8T launched in India: Check Full Details
- PUBG Mobile Honey Badger: Full Guide & Tips for Pro players
- Leaked!! iPhone 15 Series Price Leaked- Reports
- Redmi Note 12 5G Launched at Price Rs 16,499: Check Specifications
- PUBG Mobile 2.4 Update: Feature, Rewards, Release Date, and More