All e-commerce companies like Amazon , Flipkart may have to store user data exclusively in India in view of security and privacy concern, according to an initial draft policy discussed at the meeting of high level think tank.
The draft recommendations were prepared by several stakeholders, including private sector and government officials from different department such as commerce, industry , IT and electronics.
These suggestions are discussed by the think tank headed by Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu at the meeting held in the national capital.
The think tank would now work out the final draft national policy framework for e-commerce sector based on these recommendations, which would be placed in public domain for further comments.
According to the initial draft, Data would be required to be stored exclusively in India includes “community data collected by Internet of thing devices in Public space, data generated by users in India from various sources, ,including e-commerce platforms, social media, search engines etc. ”
In the drafts also informed about government having access to data stored in India for national security and public policy objective.
A level playing field was suggested for domestic players by ensuring that foreign websites, involves in e-commerce transactions from India also follow domestic rules.
Draft has suggested setting up of a separate wing in the Directorate of Enforcement to handle complaints related to implementation of guidelines related to foreign direct investment in the e-commerce sector.
Bulk purchase of branded goods , mobile phone, which lead to price distortions in market place may be banned.
The government has set up a high level think tank under Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu to prepare a national e-commerce policy.
The second meeting of the think tank, which include members from the various government departments and private sector , is which includes members from various government departments and private sector , is going on in the national capital.
Sources from business standard
- Free Fire OB35 Advance Server: Starts Date & Time, Activation Code, and More
- List Cricketer Made T20I Debuts for India but Yet are to Play a Match in 2022
- PUBG revealed Deston Map officially: All You Need to Know
- Here’s Why SKY is better than Rishabh Pant and Shreyas Iyer at the No 4 Position for T20 World Cup
- Irfan Pathan Picks His Indian Playing XI for T20 World Cup 2022
- Yuvraj Singh Shared Name of His Son in Instagram
- ICC T20I Rankings: Ishan Kishan breaks into top 10 T20I batsmen after sensational performance against Proteas