Continued strengthening of the US Dollar , lack of foreign investment inflows and concerns over rising oil process are likely to keep the rupee under reassure and push it down to 70 marks this week, as bankers said. They added 39.30 remains a crucial level for the domestic currency which if breached , could further plumb down to the 70 marks against the dollar. RBI will not be comfortable with the currency touching 70 and would strongly defend the same.
The rupee has touched an all time low of 69.10 against the dollar on June 28 and closed at a low 68.95 on Thursday and 68.87 on Friday. On the back of weakness of the US Dollar , currency failed to sustain and declined below 68 again on Monday and closed at 68.13.
Raise the concern that rupee may have react to the surge in crude oil price on Friday. West Texas Intermediate Crude oil process over 4 percent on Friday the OPEC meet.
Organization of Petroleum exporting Countries decided to increase the supply but the quantum is expected to be much lesser than what the market and anticipated. If Crude prices will increase and move up further , then rupee could remain under pressure.
Foreign Portfolio Investors remained net sellers of Indian Debt for the 10th consecutive week. They sold $666 in Indian debt in the past of week and have offloaded $6.39 billion over the last 10 weeks.
As Bank treasurer said, those company who have to repay their external commercial borrowing debt are also stocking up the US currency.
The Apex Bank has always stated that it does not target any level of the domestic currency but intervenes in the foreign exchange (forex) market to check its volatility.
also check: Gangraped by principal 2 teacher and 15 students
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play
- IPL 2021 Rajasthan Royals: Evin Lewis suffers shoulder injury during CPL Final
- IPL 2021: How to Buy Online IPL Tickets for matches in UAE’s Sharjah, Dubai & Abu Dhabi- Steps by Steps Explained
- IPL 2021 Playoff Qualification Status: Check what MI, CSK, DC, RCB, RR, KKR, SRH, PBKS need to qualify for IPL 2021 Playoffs
- IPL 2021: Fans allowed in Stadium to Watch IPL UAE Leg