Former Pakistani all-rounder Shahid Afridi has reportedly moved to the Quetta Gladiators team ahead of the 2022 edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL).
Cricket Pakistan reported earlier today that the Multan Sultans have agreed to a trade deal with the Quetta Gladiators. The Multan-based franchise has traded its seasoned pro Shahid Afridi and England batter James Vince to the Gladiators for the 2022 season.
Courtesy of the trade, the Multan Sultans will now have extra picks at the upcoming PSL 2022 Draft.
The Multan Sultans won the previous PSL season. However, Shahid Afridi and James Vince were not part of the squad that played in the second leg of the competition.
They played during the first leg, where Afridi scored three runs and picked up two wickets. While Vince aggregated 174 runs in five matches.
The report by Cricket Pakistan further claims that the Multan Sultans team owners were looking forward to retaining Shahid Afridi for the next PSL season.
However, the player himself had expressed his desire to play his last PSL for the Quetta Gladiators, and now his wish has been granted.
Quetta Gladiators finished last in the previous season, registering only two wins from 10 matches. The Quetta-based franchise will be keen to perform better in the 2022 season.
All six franchises in the Pakistan Super League will have to announce their lists of retained and released players soon. The player retention deadline is tomorrow, with the transfer window also closing on the same day.
- Salman Khan announces Tiger 3 Release Date on 21st April
- Rishabh Pant Takes a Dig At Urvarshi Rautela: Sad How Some People Are so Thirsty For Fame and Name
- Maine Toh School Bhi Nahi Kiya: Virat Kohli
- Harley-Davidson Nightster Launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh: Check Features & Price
- New Zealand Pacer shock move as the Kiwi star granted release from the contract in a seismic moment
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 Leaked!! Check Price, Specifications
- Apple to launch iOS 16 beta 5: Check new features for iPhone