Chairman of Selecting committee MSK Prasad, clarified why Karun Nair was not selected for the upcoming test series against west Indies on Monday.
MSK Prasad said that, I personally spoke to Karun soon after the selection of the Test Team against the west Indies and also told the way to make a comeback. The selection committee is very very clear with regard to the communication process, told to PTI.
Nair was picked in the original squad for the England Cricket series but once the team was changed for last two Tests, It was Hanuma Vihari, Who played and impressed everyone with a gusty half-century and handy off-breaks.
Nair, in a recent interview, went on record stating that neither the team management now the selectors have communicated with him.
However, Prasad said Karun was clearly intimated as to why a certain decision was taken.
Communication has always been the strong point of this committee, it’s really tough to inform any pleasant news to any player. You need to have valid reasons to explain them about their exclusion though they may not agree with it.
Prasad explained that his colleague Devang Gandhi had spoken to the burly middle-order batsman in England when he is not being picked in the playing XI.
Asked what is the way forward for Karun, Prasad said “He will have to keep pilling runs in Ranji Trophy and Whatever India A series is there.”
karun Nair is very much in scheme of things for Test cricket. Right now, we have advised him to focus on performing is domestic and India A matches.
- Free Fire OB35 Advance Server: Starts Date & Time, Activation Code, and More
- List Cricketer Made T20I Debuts for India but Yet are to Play a Match in 2022
- PUBG revealed Deston Map officially: All You Need to Know
- Here’s Why SKY is better than Rishabh Pant and Shreyas Iyer at the No 4 Position for T20 World Cup
- Irfan Pathan Picks His Indian Playing XI for T20 World Cup 2022
- Yuvraj Singh Shared Name of His Son in Instagram
- ICC T20I Rankings: Ishan Kishan breaks into top 10 T20I batsmen after sensational performance against Proteas