Asia Cup 2022 Schedule, Teams, Venue, Date & Time: Asia Cup 2022 will be played in Dubai and Sharjah from August 27 to Sept 11. The Asia Cup 2022 takes place in the T20 format as it will serve as a massive warp-up chance for the 6 teams in the preparation for ICC T20 World Cup.
“Considering the prevailing situation in Sri Lanka, the ACC, after extensive deliberation, has unanimously concluded that it would be appropriate to relocate the tournament from Sri Lanka to the UAE,” the ACC said in a statement.
Read More | ODI mei toh Sachin paaji ko pakad Lunga
“Every effort was made to host the Asia Cup in Sri Lanka, and the decision to shift the venue to the UAE was taken after much deliberation. The UAE will be the new venue while Sri Lanka will continue to retain hosting rights,” the statement added.
A total of 6 teams will be participating in this year’s Asia Cup which include India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan are the 5 confirmed teams so far.
“The wait is finally over as the battle for Asian supremacy commences on August 27 with the all-important final on September 11. The 15th edition of the Asia Cup will serve as ideal preparation ahead of the ICC T20 World Cup,” tweeted Shah, the secretary of BCCI.
Asia Cup 2022 Schedule:
August 27 – Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan, Dubai
August 28 – India vs Pakistan, Dubai
Aug 30 – Bangladesh vs Afghanistan, Sharjah
August 31 – India vs Qualifier, Dubai
September 1 – Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh, Dubai
September 2 – Pakistan vs Qualifier, Sharjah
Sept 3 – B1 vs B2, Sharjah
September 4 – A1 vs A2, Dubai
September 6 – A1 vs B1, Dubai
Sept 7 – A2 vs B2, Dubai
September 8 – A1 vs B2, Dubai
September 9 – B1 vs A2, Dubai
Sept 11 – Final, Dubai
Asia Cup 2022 Venue:
UAE is the venue of the tournament, three grounds will hosts all the matches. They are Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Sharjah Cricket Stadium, and Abu Dhabi Cricket Stadium.
How many Team in Asia Cup 2022 Teams?
A total of 6 teams will participate in the upcoming edition of the continental championship. Five Test-playing nations from the continent – India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and Afghanistan.
Asia Cup 2022 Groups:
Group A Teams
India, Pakistan, Qualifier
Group B Teams
Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan
Asia Cup 2022 Qualifying tournament teams
UAE, Kuwait, Singapore and Hong Kong
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo Arrives in Qatar in Style Along with Team Portugal
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes engage in an AWKWARD interaction
- Manchester United Didn’t Believe My Daughter Was ill in Hospital When I missed Pre-Reson: Cristiano Ronaldo
- IPL 2023 Retention: KKR is all set to release Pat Cummins
- Free Fire OB37 Update Features: New Zombie Mode, Gun, Pet, and More
- IPL 2023 Retention: MI & CSK Retained and Released players list; MI releases Kieron Pollard, CSK retains Ravindra Jadeja
- Step to Activate 5G on Apple iPhone 12, 13, 14 Series