BCCI treasurer Arun Dhumal has added a new twist to the Virat Kohli-Rohit Sharma saga.
He said that Kohli requested a break during the ODIs in South Africa before Rohit Sharma’s appointment as one-day captain become official.
Various media reports claimed that Virat Kohli would be skipping the one-day series in South Africa.
That gave rise to speculation that all was not well between him and Sharma.
However, by evening, conflicting reports started coming in, stating Kohli would play the one-day series.
The 33-year-old will address a press conference on Wednesday, which could put a lot of rumours to rest.
Speaking to Times Now, Dhumal said that Virat Kohli’s initial decision to not play one-dayers in South Africa had nothing to do with the change in captaincy. He explained:
“To my understanding, before any decision was taken with regards to captaincy, it was decided that he (Kohli) will be going (to South Africa) for the Test matches only, not for the ODIs. He was wanting it that way because he needed a break.”
“There is no truth in reports of Virat skipping the ODIs. He is a totally committed cricketer, and there is no doubt about his participation.”
“Rohit Sharma is not playing because of a physio thing. It is a medical issue. This has nothing to do with friction; there is no friction (between Kohli and Rohit). Physios have ruled him out due to a hamstring injury. It’s not like he has taken a call.”
- Pakistan Super League 2022: KAR vs MUL Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch Report, and Injury Update
- Hardik Pandya performs Srivalli Hook Step with His Grandmother: Viral Video
- Far Cry 7 Release Date: PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox
- OnePlus 10 Pro to Launch in India in March? Check Price
- Free Fire New Faded Wheel: How to Get Untamed Demilady bundle and Fierce Demilord Thompson
- David Warner’s Daughter dance to Rashmika Mandanna’s Sami-Sami: Watch Video
- Mohammad Hafeez says Only 2 Indian players can Handle the Pressure of Playing Pakistan