Kuldeep Yadav’s childhood coach, Kapil Dev Pandey, has accused the Indian team management of taking away the leg-spinner’s chances while he was in great form back in 2019.
The left-arm spinner has gone out of favor with the Men in Blue needs to play at the domestic level to revive his career.
Although his Test career never took off, Kuldeep was always in the fray with the limited-overs squad.
Alongside Yuzvendra Chahal, he formed a potent-spinning duo for India even in overseas conditions.
However, one bad outing in the 2019 World Cup against England completely changed Kuldeep’s fortunes around.
“Ashwin and Jadeja are really good but even when Kuldeep was performing well, he didn’t get a chance. He was sidelined because of some liking/disliking issues with the captain and coach at that time, I guess. Even before the injury, he was dropped from the national side.”
“Some say that his form was an issue but tell me, how many opportunities did he get? He was taking wickets. You can’t expect six wickets in six balls. It seems he was actually not in the good books of coach and captain, and that was the only reason he missed it,” Pandey said in a conversation with IANS.
“I had a word with him, he is recovering well and I told him to focus on the future and forget the past. I believe the new coach and captain will give him a chance to prove his mettle once again. He is a world-class spinner and needs to be in national colours soon. Let’s hope for the best. If he gets a hundred percent fit then the chances are good,” Pandey added.
- Pakistan Super League 2022: KAR vs MUL Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch Report, and Injury Update
- Hardik Pandya performs Srivalli Hook Step with His Grandmother: Viral Video
- Far Cry 7 Release Date: PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox
- OnePlus 10 Pro to Launch in India in March? Check Price
- Free Fire New Faded Wheel: How to Get Untamed Demilady bundle and Fierce Demilord Thompson
- David Warner’s Daughter dance to Rashmika Mandanna’s Sami-Sami: Watch Video
- Mohammad Hafeez says Only 2 Indian players can Handle the Pressure of Playing Pakistan