Gautam Gambhir Questions After Virat Kohli Decides to step down as RCB skipper after IPL 2021: There are lots of reactions that started once RCB’s skipper Virat Kohli made his announcement that he would step down as the skipper of Royal Challengers Bangalore on Sunday.
Former Indian cricketer Gambhir, who has seen the rise of Kohli from a close quarter, questioned the time of the decision.
He reckoned if Kohli had to do something like that he could have done it after the IPL.
“Yes, it does (the timing of the decision surprises me). Just before the 2nd leg of the tournament. If you want to do that, you probably do it after the tournament. Because it makes the team unsettled and emotional as well,” Gambhir told Star Sports.
RCB is currently third in the points table and is in with a real chance of making the playoffs. Gambhir feels this will put extra pressure on the players to perform and it should never be for an individual. “They are in a very good position. Why would you want to put that extra pressure, probably push your players to probably do it for Virat. You don’t want to win it for individuals, you want to win it for the franchise. If he had to do it, he could have done it after the tournament as well,” he added.
Skipper Kohli has been a part of the RCB franchise since the inception of the league.
Meanwhile, a week back – Kohli announced that he would not lead in the T20 format as well after the T20 World Cup.
- Dubai Cricket Council Chairman Keen on Hosting India-Pakistan Bilateral Series
- How to Get Explosive Ammo In GTA 5 Online and Offline
- Top 3 Pets to use in Free Fire Clash Squad Purgatory
- Mohammad Amir Opts Out of Abu Dhabi T10 League
- Rohit Sharma says Virat Kohli’s Role in the team remains the same
- India Playing XI vs New Zealand T20: Venkatesh Iyer set for debut in T20 series
- India vs New Zealand T20: Rahul Dravid Focus on Venkatesh Iyer