Indian cricketer KL Rahul implied that Hardik Pandya is smart enough to know his responsibilities and what he needs to bring to the side with the amount of talent he has.
All-rounder, Hardik, has been woefully out of form of late with the bat and hasn’t bowled much since his return from injury.
Rahul spoke about the same matter, claiming that Hardik knows what he needs to do.
“Quite honestly, I mean I do not know if that has happened. He knows exactly what he needs to do and what is expected out of him. He is smart enough to understand that,” Rahul said in a virtual press conference ahead of the series.
Newly appointed as the vice-captain of the T20I side, KL Rahul said he is looking forward to taking the role head-on.
Rohit Sharma will be the skipper of the team after Virat Kohli stepped down from the post citing workload management issues.
“Yes, there will be an added responsibility but it is something I have enjoyed doing. The most important thing would be to create an atmosphere in the dressing room where people coming in feel happy and welcome and they go out there and express themselves. Rahul Dravid comes in as well. Really looking forward to the next two weeks with the new coaching staff,” Rahul said.
Hardik was left out of India’s squad for the upcoming 3-match T20I series against New Zealand and in his stead, Venkatesh Iyer was given a chance after his excellent performances in the second leg of the IPL 2021 season held in UAE.
- Free Fire OB35 Advance Server: Starts Date & Time, Activation Code, and More
- List Cricketer Made T20I Debuts for India but Yet are to Play a Match in 2022
- PUBG revealed Deston Map officially: All You Need to Know
- Here’s Why SKY is better than Rishabh Pant and Shreyas Iyer at the No 4 Position for T20 World Cup
- Irfan Pathan Picks His Indian Playing XI for T20 World Cup 2022
- Yuvraj Singh Shared Name of His Son in Instagram
- ICC T20I Rankings: Ishan Kishan breaks into top 10 T20I batsmen after sensational performance against Proteas