Why Was India Handed 3 Byes After Virat Kohli Got Out Of A Free: India won the rivalry match against Pakistan. Dramatic matches held at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in a T20 World Cup Super 12 clash witnessed moments.
With 13 required off the last three balls, Kohli struck a six over deep mid-wicket off a waist-high full toss which was called a no-ball by the umpires, leaving Pakistan skipper Babar Azam confused. It was followed by a wide which extended the free-hit ball.
Matters flared up soon when Kohli was bowled off the free-hit delivery. And he along with Dinesh Karthik, reeled in three byes as the ball trickled down towards the third man. The Pakistan team was then involved in a brief discussion with the umpires who eventually adjudged the runs in India’s favour.
Read More | ICC T20 World Cup 2022: SL vs IRE Dream11 Prediction, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Head to Head
According to the commentators were heard saying during the scene. Babar appeared to want the delivery to be referred to as a “dead ball” because it struck the stumps.
Although controversy erupted at the MCG, the MCC laws of cricket prove that the umpire’s decision was correct.
Although the striker cannot be out-bowled for a free hit. The ball is still in play and all requirements under the Laws for Byes are met. As a result, the ball is not dead on hitting the stumps.
The MCC Laws of Cricket state that a ball can only be declared dead when “it is finally settled in the hands of the wicketkeeper or of the bowler”, or when “a boundary is scored.”
Read More | ICC T20 World Cup 2022: AUS vs SL Dream11 Prediction, Playing XI, Pitch Report for match 19
Law 20.1.1 also outlines several methods of declaring a ball dead, including circumstances in which the umpire has the final say. In situations like these when the ball hits the stumps. The umpire has the authority to declare a ball dead when “one or both bails fall from the striker’s wicket before the striker has had the opportunity of playing the ball.
With this win, India began their T20 World Cup 2022 campaign on a scintillating note. They will next play the Netherlands on Thursday, October 27.
(With Input from Cricfit)
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo Arrives in Qatar in Style Along with Team Portugal
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes engage in an AWKWARD interaction
- Manchester United Didn’t Believe My Daughter Was ill in Hospital When I missed Pre-Reson: Cristiano Ronaldo
- IPL 2023 Retention: KKR is all set to release Pat Cummins
- Free Fire OB37 Update Features: New Zombie Mode, Gun, Pet, and More
- IPL 2023 Retention: MI & CSK Retained and Released players list; MI releases Kieron Pollard, CSK retains Ravindra Jadeja
- Step to Activate 5G on Apple iPhone 12, 13, 14 Series