India Tour of South Africa: Indian batsman Kl Rahul has been named as the vice-captain for the upcoming Test series against South Africa.
Rohit Sharma was earlier named as Virat Kohli’s deputy for the series but with being ruled out, Rahul was always the next best option.
The Indian team has already reached Johannesburg and has started training as well.
“The All-India Senior selection committee has named KL Rahul as vice-captain for the upcoming 3-match Test series against South Africa. KL Rahul replaces Rohit Sharma as vice-captain, who was ruled out of the Test series owing to a hamstring injury” read a statement by the BCCI.
KL Rahul came back into the Test side in the series against England. He scored 315 runs in four matches to stamp his authority once again in the Test side. He also scored a century in the series.
Rahul missed the Test series against New Zealand at home but is being seen as one of the key batters in the Test series against South Africa.
He has shown a lot of maturity in recent times and is expected to bat at the top in the Test series.
Meanwhile, the Indian team has landed in South Africa for their upcoming Test and ODI series.
Rohit Sharma has been ruled out of the ODI series and will make a comeback in the ODIs.
Kohli meanwhile has cleared the air regarding his availability for the ODI series. Ahead of that, he will lead the side in the three-match Test series.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo Arrives in Qatar in Style Along with Team Portugal
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes engage in an AWKWARD interaction
- Manchester United Didn’t Believe My Daughter Was ill in Hospital When I missed Pre-Reson: Cristiano Ronaldo
- IPL 2023 Retention: KKR is all set to release Pat Cummins
- Free Fire OB37 Update Features: New Zombie Mode, Gun, Pet, and More
- IPL 2023 Retention: MI & CSK Retained and Released players list; MI releases Kieron Pollard, CSK retains Ravindra Jadeja
- Step to Activate 5G on Apple iPhone 12, 13, 14 Series