India Tour of South Africa: Indian batsman Kl Rahul has been named as the vice-captain for the upcoming Test series against South Africa.
Rohit Sharma was earlier named as Virat Kohli’s deputy for the series but with being ruled out, Rahul was always the next best option.
The Indian team has already reached Johannesburg and has started training as well.
“The All-India Senior selection committee has named KL Rahul as vice-captain for the upcoming 3-match Test series against South Africa. KL Rahul replaces Rohit Sharma as vice-captain, who was ruled out of the Test series owing to a hamstring injury” read a statement by the BCCI.
KL Rahul came back into the Test side in the series against England. He scored 315 runs in four matches to stamp his authority once again in the Test side. He also scored a century in the series.
Rahul missed the Test series against New Zealand at home but is being seen as one of the key batters in the Test series against South Africa.
He has shown a lot of maturity in recent times and is expected to bat at the top in the Test series.
Meanwhile, the Indian team has landed in South Africa for their upcoming Test and ODI series.
Rohit Sharma has been ruled out of the ODI series and will make a comeback in the ODIs.
Kohli meanwhile has cleared the air regarding his availability for the ODI series. Ahead of that, he will lead the side in the three-match Test series.
- Pakistan Super League 2022: KAR vs MUL Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch Report, and Injury Update
- Hardik Pandya performs Srivalli Hook Step with His Grandmother: Viral Video
- Far Cry 7 Release Date: PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox
- OnePlus 10 Pro to Launch in India in March? Check Price
- Free Fire New Faded Wheel: How to Get Untamed Demilady bundle and Fierce Demilord Thompson
- David Warner’s Daughter dance to Rashmika Mandanna’s Sami-Sami: Watch Video
- Mohammad Hafeez says Only 2 Indian players can Handle the Pressure of Playing Pakistan