India vs West Indies: Former Indian cricketer Mohammad Kaif feels that India is on the lookout for a player who can play the role of former cricketers- Yuvraj Singh and Suresh Raina.
With Hardik Pandya injured and out of form, the Indian team needs a proper all-rounder to balance the side.
Since Ravindra Jadeja is also out after suffering an injury, the management tried Venkatesh Iyer and now Hooda.
“Rahul in the middle-order is a good alternative in ODI cricket. India are looking for someone like Yuvraj, Dhoni, and Raina since their departure. Hardik does that role but he’s still has a long way to go before he becomes a match-winner. India also have Jadeja there but Rahul at No. 5 spot is a great choice,” Kaif said on Star Sports.
Read More | T20 World Cup 2022: Tickets for India vs Pakistan Match at MCG Sold Out within Five Minutes
“Hooda is currently playing because India is searching for an additional bowling option” – Mohammad Kaif
Compared to the previous generation of batters, the current batch doesn’t provide overs with the ball. Back then, Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, or Yuvraj could chip in with overs and offset the damage due to a bowler having an off-day. In Hooda, the Indian team is hoping to uncover the same potential.
“You have Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma at the top and Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant next in the line-up… and Rahul at fifth spot is a great option. Hooda is currently playing because India is searching for an additional bowling option. But against the West Indies, India doesn’t need a sixth bowler,” Kaif added.
- iOS 16.3 Update Features like Apple ID security keys, HomePod Support & More
- Oppo Reno 8T launched in India: Check Full Details
- PUBG Mobile Honey Badger: Full Guide & Tips for Pro players
- Leaked!! iPhone 15 Series Price Leaked- Reports
- Redmi Note 12 5G Launched at Price Rs 16,499: Check Specifications
- PUBG Mobile 2.4 Update: Feature, Rewards, Release Date, and More
- Rishabh Pant Health: Pant RULED OUT of India vs Australia Test & IPL 2023