India vs England 5th test has been cancelled due to COVID-19 cases in the Indian camp. Former England batsman has now questioned the availability of the same players for IPL second phase 2021 in UAE.
According to Pietersen, ‘if the Indian players can’t play the Manchester Test, how they will be allowed to play the first game of IPL Phase 2 in UAE between CSK vs MI’?
“So England v India TEST is CANCELLED due to Covid!!!! Wow!!! Wow!!! Does it mean with 9 days till CSK v MI in Dubai, NO player from each team that’s in the UK will be available if they now have 10 days of quarantining in UK?” Pietersen tweeted.
As per the UK Government, all individuals who are considered as clone-contact of any COVID infected person need to stay in Quarantine for 10 days.
Former England skipper Michael Vaughan said Team India has let English cricket down.
“India have let English Cricket down !!! But England did let South African Cricket down,” Vaughan tweeted.
“Following ongoing conversations with the BCCI. The ECB can confirm that the fifth LV= Insurance Test between England and India Men due to start today at Emirates Old Trafford, will be cancelled,” ECB said in a statement.
However, there were no COVID-19 related worries in the England camp and Jos Buttler had said everything is fine and the hosts were looking forward to the game before the match was cancelled.
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play
- IPL 2021 Rajasthan Royals: Evin Lewis suffers shoulder injury during CPL Final
- IPL 2021: How to Buy Online IPL Tickets for matches in UAE’s Sharjah, Dubai & Abu Dhabi- Steps by Steps Explained
- IPL 2021 Playoff Qualification Status: Check what MI, CSK, DC, RCB, RR, KKR, SRH, PBKS need to qualify for IPL 2021 Playoffs
- IPL 2021: Fans allowed in Stadium to Watch IPL UAE Leg