After deciding no play 5th Test at Old Trafford, Kohli and the team are very worried about their stay in the UK.
They want to leave the UK as soon as possible and move to a bio-secure bubble arranged for them in the UAE for IPL 2021 due to the COVID-19 outbreak in the camp.
Teams which are trying to fly out their players from UK
Mumbai Indians: Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, and Suryakumar Yadav along with their families.
Chennai Super Kings: Ravindra Jadeja, Cheteshwar Pujara, Shardul Thakur, Moeen Ali, and Sam Curran.
Punjab Kings: Captain K L Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, Mohammad Shami, and Dawid Malan are the Punjab players who are in Manchester.
IPL 2021 Phase 2: The cricketers are understood to be worried about more cases in the camp after assistant physio Yogesh Parmar tested positive for the virus, five days after head coach Ravi Shastri, bowling coach Bharat Arun and fielding coach R Sridhar all returned positive tests.
“The team would not have been so reluctant to play if any member from the operations team would have tested positive. Almost all the players had been in close contact with physio Yogesh Parmar. One must remember Parmar tested positive four days after Shastri, Arun and Sridhar,” a BCCI source told TOI.
“The players had decided amongst themselves that it was important to break the chain of infection with the IPL. And T20 World Cup coming up on the bounce. The players feared if they kept mingling with each other, there was a risk of the cases multiplying every two-three days,” the source added.
IPL 2021 Phase 2: The players were supposed to leave for UAE after September 15 when the Test ended and were to move from a bubble to bubble without serving any quarantine. But now, they all will have to serve 6-day isolation in the UAE upon arrival in Dubai.
“Charter flight is not a possibility anymore. We are trying to get their tickets done for a commercial flight tomorrow. When they land, they will do six-day quarantine like the rest of the players,” CSK CEO Kasi Viswanathan told PTI.
“The BCCI isn’t arranging any charter flights since the Test match has been cancelled. So every franchise is making their own travel arrangement. Since they are all flying commercial, they will be doing six days of room quarantine,” a senior IPL official said.
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play
- IPL 2021 Rajasthan Royals: Evin Lewis suffers shoulder injury during CPL Final
- IPL 2021: How to Buy Online IPL Tickets for matches in UAE’s Sharjah, Dubai & Abu Dhabi- Steps by Steps Explained
- IPL 2021 Playoff Qualification Status: Check what MI, CSK, DC, RCB, RR, KKR, SRH, PBKS need to qualify for IPL 2021 Playoffs
- IPL 2021: Fans allowed in Stadium to Watch IPL UAE Leg