IPL 2021: KKR Captain Eoin Morgan Fined Rs 24 Lakh for slow over-rate against MI: Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Eoin Morgan has been fined Rs 24 lakh for a slow over-rate in the IPL 2021 game at Abu Dhabi.
“As it was the team’s second offence of the season under the IPL’s Code of Conduct relating to a minimum over-rate offences, Kolkata Knight Riders captain Eoin Morgan was fined Rs 24 lakh,” read an official IPL statement. The rest of the members of the KKR playing XI were each fined a lesser of either Rs 6 lakh or 25 percent of their individual match fee.
Rahul Tripathi and Venkatesh Iyer played knocks of 74 and 53 respectively as Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) defeated Mumbai Indians by seven wickets here at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium on Thursday.
IPL 2021: KKR’s Venkatesh Lyer hit maiden IPL fifty against MI, Venkatesh Iyer explains how Sourav Ganguly ‘played a huge role’
With this win, KKR has risen to the fourth spot in the points table. While Mumbai Indians have slipped to the sixth position.
Before entering this match, KKR had a dismal record against MI, registering just six wins in a total of 28 games. But Iyer and Tripathi helped the franchise turn around their fortunes.
Earlier, Quinton de Kock’s 55-run knock helped Mumbai Indians post 155/6 against KKR in the allotted twenty overs. For KKR, Prasidh Krishna and Lockie Ferguson scalped two wickets each.
KKR will next lock horns against Chennai Super Kings (CSK) on Sunday.
- Dubai Cricket Council Chairman Keen on Hosting India-Pakistan Bilateral Series
- How to Get Explosive Ammo In GTA 5 Online and Offline
- Top 3 Pets to use in Free Fire Clash Squad Purgatory
- Mohammad Amir Opts Out of Abu Dhabi T10 League
- Rohit Sharma says Virat Kohli’s Role in the team remains the same
- India Playing XI vs New Zealand T20: Venkatesh Iyer set for debut in T20 series
- India vs New Zealand T20: Rahul Dravid Focus on Venkatesh Iyer