IPL 2021: KKR Captain Eoin Morgan Fined Rs 24 Lakh for slow over-rate against MI: Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Eoin Morgan has been fined Rs 24 lakh for a slow over-rate in the IPL 2021 game at Abu Dhabi.
“As it was the team’s second offence of the season under the IPL’s Code of Conduct relating to a minimum over-rate offences, Kolkata Knight Riders captain Eoin Morgan was fined Rs 24 lakh,” read an official IPL statement. The rest of the members of the KKR playing XI were each fined a lesser of either Rs 6 lakh or 25 percent of their individual match fee.
Rahul Tripathi and Venkatesh Iyer played knocks of 74 and 53 respectively as Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) defeated Mumbai Indians by seven wickets here at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium on Thursday.
IPL 2021: KKR’s Venkatesh Lyer hit maiden IPL fifty against MI, Venkatesh Iyer explains how Sourav Ganguly ‘played a huge role’
With this win, KKR has risen to the fourth spot in the points table. While Mumbai Indians have slipped to the sixth position.
Before entering this match, KKR had a dismal record against MI, registering just six wins in a total of 28 games. But Iyer and Tripathi helped the franchise turn around their fortunes.
Earlier, Quinton de Kock’s 55-run knock helped Mumbai Indians post 155/6 against KKR in the allotted twenty overs. For KKR, Prasidh Krishna and Lockie Ferguson scalped two wickets each.
KKR will next lock horns against Chennai Super Kings (CSK) on Sunday.
- Rishabh Pant Takes a Dig At Urvarshi Rautela: Sad How Some People Are so Thirsty For Fame and Name
- Maine Toh School Bhi Nahi Kiya: Virat Kohli
- Harley-Davidson Nightster Launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh: Check Features & Price
- New Zealand Pacer shock move as the Kiwi star granted release from the contract in a seismic moment
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 Leaked!! Check Price, Specifications
- Apple to launch iOS 16 beta 5: Check new features for iPhone
- Infinix Smart 6 HD launched at a Price of Rs 6799