IPL 2021: KKR’s Shubhman Gill and Nitish Rana are the next generations of Indian players
Kolkata Knight Riders mentor David Hussey believes that Shubhman Gill and Nitish Rana will be the next-generation players for India.
KKR Top-order batsman Shubhman Gill and Nitish Rana will be very crucial in scoring the important runs at the start of their innings.
“They both are quality players, they are determined to do very well for the team and for themselves and they have a taste of international cricket now,” Hussey told ESPNcricinfo.
“I think they are about to shock the world that they are the next generation of Indian players, not just for one or two series but for perhaps a decade. So if they get going, look out for them in the IPL,” he added.
“As a captain, he is going to lead from the front. We need some big performances from him. His is probably the hardest position to play in the middle order. He comes in either (when the side is) in deep trouble or coming in with 3-4 balls to go when the top order has done really well,” Hussey said.
“He also has to lead on the field, get the fields correct, take wickets and also gamble a few times…Eoin will be a little disappointed with the last seven games, but knowing well that he is going to be prepared really well, I back him to be dominant in the next seven games not only with the bat but in captaincy as well,” he added.
“All we have to do is win this…We have done it before and so we can do it again…I feel we have the squad to do it also. You qualify for the finals and the whole competition starts again,” Hussey said.
KKR will play their first game against Royal Challengers Bangalore on September 20 in Abu Dhabi.
- Dubai Cricket Council Chairman Keen on Hosting India-Pakistan Bilateral Series
- How to Get Explosive Ammo In GTA 5 Online and Offline
- Top 3 Pets to use in Free Fire Clash Squad Purgatory
- Mohammad Amir Opts Out of Abu Dhabi T10 League
- Rohit Sharma says Virat Kohli’s Role in the team remains the same
- India Playing XI vs New Zealand T20: Venkatesh Iyer set for debut in T20 series
- India vs New Zealand T20: Rahul Dravid Focus on Venkatesh Iyer