Bangladesh Pacer Taskin Ahmed Set to Join LSG as Mark Wood’s Replacement: Bangladesh pacer Taskin Ahmed is set to join the Lucknow Super Giants for the IPL 2022 as England pacer Mark Wood’s replacement.
In 2022 Mega auction, Mark wood was bought the LSG for a hefty amount of INR 7.5 crore but after suffering an injury he will miss the entire IPL 2022.
Pacer Mark Wood picked up a right elbow injury during the first Test match of the series against the West Indies National Cricket Team in North Sound.
“I want Bangladesh fast bowler Taskin Ahmed in the team and that is for the whole season. If he agrees to the offer, Taskin will have to leave for India before the next two Tests against South Africa,” Gautam Gambhir was quoted as saying.
However, if he accepts the offer of Lucknow Super Giants mentor he will have to miss the Test series. As per reports, he has asked for some time to discuss the proposal with the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB).
“Franchise cricket is a reality now. You can’t hold anyone even if you want to. BCB president Nazmul Hasan is also generous in accepting the reality. This is why a key member of the team said that Taskin is more likely to get leave,” a member of the Bangladesh team was quoted as saying by Kaler Kanth.
- Apple’s Second-Gen HomePod launched in India: Specifications, Features, & Price
- iOS 16.3 Update Features like Apple ID security keys, HomePod Support & More
- Oppo Reno 8T launched in India: Check Full Details
- PUBG Mobile Honey Badger: Full Guide & Tips for Pro players
- Leaked!! iPhone 15 Series Price Leaked- Reports
- Redmi Note 12 5G Launched at Price Rs 16,499: Check Specifications
- PUBG Mobile 2.4 Update: Feature, Rewards, Release Date, and More