IPL 2022 CSK: Chennai Super Kings announced that MS Dhoni is stepping down from captaincy and handing over Ravindra Jadeja on Thursday.
The franchise wrote in an official release, “MS Dhoni has decided to hand over the leadership of Chennai Super Kings and picked Ravindra Jadeja to lead the team,”.
“Dhoni will continue to represent Chennai Super Kings this season and beyond,” the release added
MS Dhoni had led CSK since 2008, making him longest-serving captain for any team in the league’s history.
Dhoni’s stint as CSK captain in the IPL:
Strike Rate: 137.50
CSK were also the first team to win back-to-back titles when they won in 2010 and 2011. They were the only team to have done so until Mumbai Indians followed up their successful 2019 season with another title in 2020.
They reached the knockout stages in every year they played in the IPL barring 2020. The consistency is also reflected in the fact that they have the highest average league position of 2.67. Mumbai Indians is next best, at 3.36.
- Apple iPhone 14 Accessories That You Use Every Day
- South African Provincial T20 Cup Full Schedule, Squads, Teams, Date & Time
- SHOCKING!! Indian Pacer Jasprit Bumrah ruled out of T20 World Cup Due to Injury
- Moeen Ali Wants to Ban Controversial Run-Out Rule
- KCA President Cup T20: LIO vs PAN Dream11 Prediction, Playing XI, Head to Head, Pitch Report for KCA Cup 2022
- How to Get The Ornamental Touch Desert Eagle And Warder Captain Bundle in Free Fire MAX
- iOS 16 Users Continue to Face unaddressed Bugs and Battery Drain Problems