IPL 2022 CSK: Chennai Super Kings announced that MS Dhoni is stepping down from captaincy and handing over Ravindra Jadeja on Thursday.
The franchise wrote in an official release, “MS Dhoni has decided to hand over the leadership of Chennai Super Kings and picked Ravindra Jadeja to lead the team,”.
“Dhoni will continue to represent Chennai Super Kings this season and beyond,” the release added
MS Dhoni had led CSK since 2008, making him longest-serving captain for any team in the league’s history.
Dhoni’s stint as CSK captain in the IPL:
Strike Rate: 137.50
CSK were also the first team to win back-to-back titles when they won in 2010 and 2011. They were the only team to have done so until Mumbai Indians followed up their successful 2019 season with another title in 2020.
They reached the knockout stages in every year they played in the IPL barring 2020. The consistency is also reflected in the fact that they have the highest average league position of 2.67. Mumbai Indians is next best, at 3.36.
- Apple’s Second-Gen HomePod launched in India: Specifications, Features, & Price
- iOS 16.3 Update Features like Apple ID security keys, HomePod Support & More
- Oppo Reno 8T launched in India: Check Full Details
- PUBG Mobile Honey Badger: Full Guide & Tips for Pro players
- Leaked!! iPhone 15 Series Price Leaked- Reports
- Redmi Note 12 5G Launched at Price Rs 16,499: Check Specifications
- PUBG Mobile 2.4 Update: Feature, Rewards, Release Date, and More