IPL 2022 RR vs KKR Rinku Singh: Kolkata Knight Riders has won the match after a five-match losing streak finally on Monday. The team has defeated Rajasthan Royals in the ongoing Indian Premier League.
It was not an easy run chase, but Rinku Singh and Nitish Rana batted superbly together with the former taking the lead and taking them over the line to register their fourth win of the season.
Rinku scored an unbeaten 42 off just 23 deliveries with six fours and one six.
What stood out in his knock was his composure at a time when things could’ve easily gone south for KKR.
Read More | Selectors to Call Young Indian Fast Bowler Umran Malik for South Africa & Ireland Series
He dominated the partnership with his dear friend Rana and made sure his team won the game by seven wickets with five balls to spare.
Speaking after the match, Rinku Singh highlighted his struggles and battles with injury.
He also pointed out how he had to wait for regular chances to make an impact in a tournament like the IPL.
The fact that he played only his 13th IPL game on Monday (May 2) despite making his debut in 2018 speaks volumes about the lack of opportunities he got.
“A lot of players have played Ranji from Aligarh, but I am the first to play in the IPL. This is a big league and there is a lot of pressure obviously. I have been waiting for the last five years to get a chance,” he said in the post-match presentation ceremony.
Rinku Singh came out to bat at a very critical time when KKR skipper Shreyas Iyer got out with 61 runs still needed to win the game.
He took a little bit of time early on before unleashing on the Royals’ bowlers.
At one stage, things looked a little bleak for the Knight Riders but Rinku batted well and with also Rana in the middle and head coach Brendon McCullum giving him confidence during the time-out, worked well for him.
“I worked very hard, came back from injury, and did well on the domestic circuit as well. When I was batting, Bhaiyya (Rana) and Baz (McCullum) told me to stay till the end and finish it,” Rinku added.
- Apple iPhone 14 Accessories That You Use Every Day
- South African Provincial T20 Cup Full Schedule, Squads, Teams, Date & Time
- SHOCKING!! Indian Pacer Jasprit Bumrah ruled out of T20 World Cup Due to Injury
- Moeen Ali Wants to Ban Controversial Run-Out Rule
- KCA President Cup T20: LIO vs PAN Dream11 Prediction, Playing XI, Head to Head, Pitch Report for KCA Cup 2022
- How to Get The Ornamental Touch Desert Eagle And Warder Captain Bundle in Free Fire MAX
- iOS 16 Users Continue to Face unaddressed Bugs and Battery Drain Problems