The Longest SIX in IPL History – The most exciting and important aspect of the T20 match that fans get to see during the matches. There are many players – Chris Gayle, MS Dhoni, and David Miller use brute strength and power while the likes of Rohit Sharma, AB de Villiers, and Robin Uthappa rely more on timing.
In IPL history, SA all-rounder Albie Morkel(CSK) has hit the biggest six. He smashed a 124-meters six.
Morkel cleared his front foot out of the way and pulled the short ball over deep midwicket. The ball went out of the MA Chidambaram Stadium.
Praveen Kumar hits the second-longest six in IPL 2013 against Mumbai Indians. Praveen lofted a full ball to dispatch it over the long-off region.
Longest SIX in IPL:
|Player||Six Distance (in metres)||Season|
In IPL 2022, MI’s Dewald Brevis tops the list of longest sixes so far. He stroke 112 meers sixes against Punjab Kings.
Third on the list is Australian Legend Adam Gilchrist. During IPL 2011, Gilchrist’s Kings XI Punjab were up against Virat Kohli’s RCB.
In the 10th over, Gilchrist picked the slower ball from Charl Langeveldt and smashed a huge six at the Dharamsala Stadium. The distance recorded for the maximum was 122 meters.
IPL Super Sixes:
ILPL 2012 season, the organization launched “The super sixes challenge” program. In which, a big hitter was selected from each team in the contest.
They had showcased their power-hitting skills against balls delivered by a bowling machine. The player who hit the longest six received a prize of INR 1 lakh.
- iOS 16.3 Update Features like Apple ID security keys, HomePod Support & More
- Oppo Reno 8T launched in India: Check Full Details
- PUBG Mobile Honey Badger: Full Guide & Tips for Pro players
- Leaked!! iPhone 15 Series Price Leaked- Reports
- Redmi Note 12 5G Launched at Price Rs 16,499: Check Specifications
- PUBG Mobile 2.4 Update: Feature, Rewards, Release Date, and More
- Rishabh Pant Health: Pant RULED OUT of India vs Australia Test & IPL 2023