List Cricketer Made T20I Debuts for India but Yet are to Play a Match in 2022: Team India has many cricketers as one of the powerhouses in world cricket. The BCCI has increased the number of bilateral series and overseas tours in the last two years.
Two Indian squads traveling to different nations and playing matches at the same time have become a common feature these days.
With so many series being played of late, quite a few players have made their debuts for India in the last two years.
But not all of them have been able to comment on their places in the playing XI. The following seven players received their maiden caps in 2022 or 2021 but did not feature in any of the 13 T20Is the Men in Blue have played this year.
T Natarajan received his maiden T20I cap against Australia in December 2020 and had a three-wicket haul on his debut. The left-arm fast bowler played an integral role in India’s T20I series win. Injury issues did not allow him to play regularly after that memorable series.
Sandeep Warrier received his maiden T20I cap in Sri Lanka last year and remained wicketless on his debut. He was a net bowler for that tour but got a chance to play because of the COVID-19 outbreak in the Indian team.
Fast bowler Chetan Sakariya played a couple of T20Is against Sri Lanka in July 2021, picking up one wicket. Sakariya was one of the lead pacers for the Rajasthan Royals in 2021, but he moved to the Delhi Capitals in IPL 2022.
Prithvi Shaw started his T20I career last year against Sri Lanka. He was out for a duck on debut and did not play the other two games of the series due to a COVID-19 outbreak in the Indian camp.
It is rare to see a player getting picked for a World Cup one year and then not even finding a place in the ‘B’ squad of the team next year. But such has been the story of Varun Chakravarthy’s T20I career.
Devdutt Padikkal had two fantastic IPL seasons with the Royal Challengers Bangalore, leading to his international debut against Sri Lanka last year. However, the left-handed batter could not cement his place in the team.
Nitish Rana has been one of the best performers for the Kolkata Knight Riders in IPL matches. The left-handed batter made his international debut in the series against Sri Lanka in 2021.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo Arrives in Qatar in Style Along with Team Portugal
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes engage in an AWKWARD interaction
- Manchester United Didn’t Believe My Daughter Was ill in Hospital When I missed Pre-Reson: Cristiano Ronaldo
- IPL 2023 Retention: KKR is all set to release Pat Cummins
- Free Fire OB37 Update Features: New Zombie Mode, Gun, Pet, and More
- IPL 2023 Retention: MI & CSK Retained and Released players list; MI releases Kieron Pollard, CSK retains Ravindra Jadeja
- Step to Activate 5G on Apple iPhone 12, 13, 14 Series