Cricket aficionados will be in for a treat when India and Pakistan renew their rivalry in the upcoming T20 World Cup in Australia.
Recently, ICC has been announced the schedule of the ICC World T20 tournament, with India and Pakistan facing off in their first match at MCG on October 23.
Former Pakistan skipper Mohammad Hafeez has shared his views on the India-Pakistan rivalry.
Read More | Send him back, he doesn’t have that level of maturity yet- Gautam Gambhir on Vekantesh Iyer
Mohammad Hafeez said that barring Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma, other Indian players from the current crop don’t seem to have the ability to handle the pressure of an Indo-Pak match.
“Virat and Rohit Sharma are two such skillful players who can touch the par when they score runs. I’m not saying that other players are not good but if these two don’t do well in India-Pakistan matches, the others can’t handle the pressure,” Hafeez told Sports Tak.
India and Pakistan had met during the T20 World Cup in the UAE last year, with the latter registering a comprehensive 10-wicket win, which was also their first against the opposition in World Cups in any format.
While India crashed out in the group stage, Pakistan were beaten in the semi-finals by eventual champions Australia.
Speaking on the mood inside both the dressing rooms. Hafeez said that there is a lot of pressure when both these teams meet, adding that a win or defeat in the first game might set the tone for the rest of the tournament.
“Both teams take a lot of pressure. I’ve played in many India-Pakistan games, and when you lose the first match, it always has an impact. When we won the first match, you could see that India’s body language wasn’t the same anymore. Because the amount of pressure a player bears is huge, and if you fail to win, it gets very difficult,” he added.
Read More | Babar Azam names ICC ODI Cricketer of The Year
- Apple iPhone 14 Accessories That You Use Every Day
- South African Provincial T20 Cup Full Schedule, Squads, Teams, Date & Time
- SHOCKING!! Indian Pacer Jasprit Bumrah ruled out of T20 World Cup Due to Injury
- Moeen Ali Wants to Ban Controversial Run-Out Rule
- KCA President Cup T20: LIO vs PAN Dream11 Prediction, Playing XI, Head to Head, Pitch Report for KCA Cup 2022
- How to Get The Ornamental Touch Desert Eagle And Warder Captain Bundle in Free Fire MAX
- iOS 16 Users Continue to Face unaddressed Bugs and Battery Drain Problems