Chennai Super Kings (CSK) skipper MS Dhoni has dropped a massive bomb of continuing as a player in IPL 2022 for the Chennai-based franchise.
Notably, CSK skipper MS Dhoni had called time on his international cricketing career back in 2020 but continued playing in the IPL for CSK in 2020 and in 2021.
CSK made a scintillating comeback in 2021 and they won the IPL title this year, beating Kolkata Knight Riders by a margin of 27 runs in the final.
Speaking in the post-match presentation ceremony after the IPL 2021 final, MS Dhoni said, “I would love to thank the fans. We are in Dubai now. Even when we played in South Africa, we always got a good amount of support. Thanks to all of them. It feels like Chepauk, Chennai. Hopefully, we will come back to play for the Chennai fans next year.”
There has been a lot going around MS Dhoni’s availability for CSK in IPL 2022.
Notably, IPL 2022 is all set to have a mega auction later this year, wherein, a franchise can retain only a couple of Indian players.
Although there have been reports of CSK retaining MS Dhoni for IPL 2022, MSD himself has avoided any such confirmation without discussing the prospects with the team management.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has appointed MS Dhoni as the mentor of the India National Cricket Team for the upcoming ICC T20 World Cup 2021 which is all set to take place in Oman and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from October 17 to November 14.
This has been done in order to end team India’s draught of an ICC trophy in the last 8 years.
- Dubai Cricket Council Chairman Keen on Hosting India-Pakistan Bilateral Series
- How to Get Explosive Ammo In GTA 5 Online and Offline
- Top 3 Pets to use in Free Fire Clash Squad Purgatory
- Mohammad Amir Opts Out of Abu Dhabi T10 League
- Rohit Sharma says Virat Kohli’s Role in the team remains the same
- India Playing XI vs New Zealand T20: Venkatesh Iyer set for debut in T20 series
- India vs New Zealand T20: Rahul Dravid Focus on Venkatesh Iyer