Former Indian pacer S Sreesanth has revealed details about his infamous spot-fixing scandal back in the sixth edition of the IPL.
The 38-year-old opened up on the details for the first time in an exclusive interview with Sportskeeda.
Sreesanth was going through a rough phase following his bouts with injuries in 2013 and the IPL was the right platform to audition for a place back in the Indian squad.
“This is the first interview in which I am sharing or explaining it. It was supposed to be one over and 14-plus runs. I bowled four balls for five runs. No no-ball, no wide, and not a single slower ball in an IPL game. I was bowling at 130-plus after 12 surgeries on my toe.”
IPL 2021: KKR’s Venkatesh Lyer hit maiden IPL fifty against MI, Venkatesh Iyer explains how Sourav Ganguly ‘played a huge role’
“I had played the Irani Trophy and was looking to play the South African series so that we can win in September 2013. We were going early, and it moves better in September. My goal was to play that series. A person like that, why would I do it, that too for 10 lakhs? I am not talking big but I used to have bills of around 2 lakh when I partied around,” Sreesanth said.
“I used to pay with my card not cash. If I had so much cash, I would have been spraying it out. In fact, I used to take care of even a normal person. In my life, I have only helped and given belief. I have helped a lot of people, and those prayers helped me get out of this. All I would ask is – two balls, five runs, two balls to go. How would I give away all that I had invested? No way,” he added.
S Sreesanth made a comeback to cricket after being selected for the Kerala domestic side in 2020. Unfortunately for him, he couldn’t land a contract for an IPL team in this year’s auction.
- Dubai Cricket Council Chairman Keen on Hosting India-Pakistan Bilateral Series
- How to Get Explosive Ammo In GTA 5 Online and Offline
- Top 3 Pets to use in Free Fire Clash Squad Purgatory
- Mohammad Amir Opts Out of Abu Dhabi T10 League
- Rohit Sharma says Virat Kohli’s Role in the team remains the same
- India Playing XI vs New Zealand T20: Venkatesh Iyer set for debut in T20 series
- India vs New Zealand T20: Rahul Dravid Focus on Venkatesh Iyer