South Africa Spinner Imran Tahir says ‘I am fit enough to play T20 World Cup’: South African veteran spinner Imran Tahir has stated that he is available for selection in T20I, and is fit enough to play in the T20 World Cup scheduled in Australia later this year.
He has declared himself fit enough to play in the ICC event. Tahir, currently playing for the Multan Sultans in the Pakistan Super League, spoke about the tournament’s competitiveness and his team’s performance.
Imran Tahir has been one of the finest spinners at the international level. The veteran South African spinner has featured in 107 ODIs, 38 T20Is and 20 Test matches for the Proteas.
Read More | ‘We have the, but all that matters is..’: Shami has his say on Kohli’s replacement as India’s new Test Captain
However, the spinner is now being regularly sidelined from the national team, and the 42-year-old mostly plays in various T20 leagues across the world.
Speaking to Geo News, the 42-year old declared his availability for T20Is and is keen to play at the T20 World Cup in Australia. Simultaneously, the veteran thanked South Africa for giving him a chance at the top level.
“I am still available for selection in T20Is. I believe I am fit enough to play in the T20 World Cup. And I hope that selectors will consider my performances around the world. If they do, I am sure they’ll find me a deserving candidate.”
He added, “It is a strange feeling that I am an overseas player for Pakistan where I was born and even played my initial cricket, but I am also thankful to South Africa that they gave me a chance to reach my dreams and prove myself in international cricket.”
“I love to share my experience with young cricketers. Maybe I will become a leg-spin coach in the future. I feel that I got the opportunity very late, so I don’t take anything for granted and try to give my best,” he stated.
Tahir is currently playing in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) for Multan Sultans and has so far scalped four wickets in the tournament. Multan have won two matches they played in the tournament so far, and Tahir said that the unity of the team is the key behind their success.
“We are off to a good start. It is all because of the collective hard work of the team. I hope we continue with this streak in the tournament. This unity as a team is the key to success. When you work hard as a team and give your best, you surely get success,” he added.
- Pakistan Former WK Batsmen Kamran Akmal Feels- ‘If Umran Malik Was In Pakistan, I Think He Would Have Made It To The National Team’
- Free Fire MAX 2022: Top 6 Looking Emotes
- TATA IPL LSG vs RR Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Head to Head, Pitch Report for Lucknow Super Giants vs Rajasthan Royals Indian Premier League Season 15 Match 63
- IPL CSK vs GT Fantasy Tips, Playing XI, Head to Head Records, Pitch Report, And Dream11 Team
- KKR vs SRH 2022 Dream11 Prediction, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Fantasy Tips for TATA IPL Match 61, 14 MAY 2022
- IPL: A Big Blow for KKR as Pat Cummins Ruled Out of The Tournament Due to Hips Injury
- Free Fire Advance Server OB34 Rolls out new Features – Character, Finn Pet, and More