Former Indian cricketer Suresh Raina is going through a struggle in his career as he unsold in IPL 2022 auction.
He has requested the BCCI to play overseas T20 leagues like BBL or CPL.
According to BCCI guidelines, active male cricketers are barred from participating in overseas competitions, regardless of whether they have a national contract or are close to national selection.
“I hope the BCCI can get together with the ICC or with franchises and allow players who don’t have BCCI contracts to play in overseas leagues,” Suresh Raina was earlier quoted as saying in a report on cricket.com.au last year.
Meanwhile, Unmukt Chand who recently made his debut in BBL and signed for USA cricket leagues after retirement from BCCI said: “These last few years have been tough. But I wasn’t going to give up on cricket completely. If I wasn’t getting enough opportunities to play in India, where were the next four or five crucial years of my career going to go? I still get emotional imagining that I will never get to play for India again. But I have made some special memories while playing in India.”
Former cricketer Yuvraj Singh was only given NOC to play in the Global T20 League in Canada after his retirement from Indian cricket & IPL. Similarly, the likes of Irfan Pathan & Munaf Patel were allowed to take part in Lanka Premier League (LPL) after retirement.
In 2020, Pravin Tambe became the first Indian to feature in the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) when he debuted for Trinbago Knight Riders against St Lucia Zouks.
- Apple’s Second-Gen HomePod launched in India: Specifications, Features, & Price
- iOS 16.3 Update Features like Apple ID security keys, HomePod Support & More
- Oppo Reno 8T launched in India: Check Full Details
- PUBG Mobile Honey Badger: Full Guide & Tips for Pro players
- Leaked!! iPhone 15 Series Price Leaked- Reports
- Redmi Note 12 5G Launched at Price Rs 16,499: Check Specifications
- PUBG Mobile 2.4 Update: Feature, Rewards, Release Date, and More