T20 World Cup: The late approval of Adam Milne meant, New Zealand had no option but to go with Ish Sodhi, against their plans and they felt the missing a frontline seamer was the difference in the game.
“We tried pretty hard to get across the line with the ICC our replacement player, but it wasn’t to be. That was really disappointing for us because Adam Milne is someone waiting in the wings as a like-for-like replacement,” Gary stead said after the match.
“You can’t say you know for sure it would have made a difference in the game, but for us, on that wicket, pace bowling and hitting the pitch as hard as what Adam does or what Lockie does, would have been a difference, we think, and I think Haris Rauf showed that for Pakistan, the difference that it can make,” he added.
New Zealand will face Inda and it will be a virtual quarterfinal. Lost just one game but it is already being seen as the end of the Sunday.
“I don’t think we necessarily possess the pure power that many other teams have, so we have to find different ways of skinning the cat and I thought we went about doing that. I thought Kane and Devon both played nicely on a really, really tough wicket out there,” Stead said.
New Zealand are expected to win against Namibia and Scotland while Afghanistan are the other team against whom it will be a difficult task.
But the match against India is what will be the difference in the group. As both sides lost the first match against Pakistan, both will be eager to bounce back and keep their campaign afloat.
But there is not a lot of optimism in New Zealand about a win against Virat Kohli & Co despite their superior record in ICC events against India.
- Dubai Cricket Council Chairman Keen on Hosting India-Pakistan Bilateral Series
- How to Get Explosive Ammo In GTA 5 Online and Offline
- Top 3 Pets to use in Free Fire Clash Squad Purgatory
- Mohammad Amir Opts Out of Abu Dhabi T10 League
- Rohit Sharma says Virat Kohli’s Role in the team remains the same
- India Playing XI vs New Zealand T20: Venkatesh Iyer set for debut in T20 series
- India vs New Zealand T20: Rahul Dravid Focus on Venkatesh Iyer