Fast bowler Navdeep Saini starred on his senior International debut as India defeated west Indies by four wickets in a low scoring T20 Match at Florida. India’s line up found the condition equally challenging but the depth of their batting saw through to 98 for six.
Chasing 96 run target, India crossed the line for the loss 6 wickets. Shikhar Dhawan, who was returning from injury was dismissed for 1 while youngster R Pant was out for a first ball back.
Navdeep Saini had a great start to his international career as he took 3 wickets to restrict West Indies to 95/9.
B Kumar struck twice while Khaleel Ahmed, Krunal Pandya, Washington Sundar and R Jadeja took one wicket each as India dominated proceedings in Launderhill. Pollard was the top scorer for West Indies with 49 runs.
— BCCI (@BCCI) August 3, 2019
Virat Kohli said, Navdeep is a rarity with his raw pace, we can only hope he kick on from there. It was not the best pitch because of all the weather around. Everyone did a great job to get the match underway on time.
He achieved the rarity of a maiden in the final over but it was his earlier double strike which was gave 26 years old fast bowler the sort of dream start he would have wished for after captain Virat Kohli chose to bowl first after winning the toss.
- IPL 2021 CSK Playing XI vs MI: Robin Uthappa likely to be opening
- IPL 2021 KKR vs RCB Live: How to watch Live Streaming in India
- IPL: BCCI keen to welcome Lucknow as a new IPL City
- IPL 2021 CSK VS MI: Rohit Sharma vs Shardul Thakur MS Dhoni vs Jasprit Bumrah, Key Battle to watch out for
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play