Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh has confirmed that he may be making a comeback to the game.
The 38-year-old all-rounder, who drew curtains on his 19-year illustrious career on 10 June 2019, has said that he would like to play for Punjab’s T20 team, if given permission by the BCCI.
Yuvraj Singh revealed that it was on the suggestion of Punjab Cricket Association secretary Puneet Bali that he has considered to come out of retirement, and play for his state team during the domestic season.
Yuvraj, who has played in the Global T20 and Abu Dhabi T10 League since retiring, had recently been training with Punjab youngsters Shubman Gill, Abhishek Sharma,
“I enjoyed spending time with these youngsters, and talking to them about various aspects of the game, I realised that they were able to pick up various things that I was telling them. I had to get into the nets to show them a few other elements, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well I was hitting the ball even though I hadn’t held a bat for a really long time,” Yuvraj told Cricbuzz.
“The motivation is to help Punjab win championships. Bhajji (Harbhajan Singh), myself, we have won tournaments, but we haven’t done it together for Punjab, so that was a big factor in my final call. Obviously, Shubman is already playing for India, and I feel there’s plenty of potential in the other three boys. If I can contribute in any way to their development and to the development of Punjab cricket, then that will be wonderful. After all, playing for Punjab is what paved the way for my international career,” said Yuvraj.
The 2011 World Cup Player of the Tournament Yuvraj has already written to BCCI President Sourav Ganguly and Secretary Jay Shah, seeking their permission to play for his state team once again.
“As things stand now, I will be playing only T20s if I get the nod. But who knows, let’s see,” he said.
Source: click here
- T20 World Cup 2021: Indian Skipper Virat Kohli says KL Rahul to open with Rohit Sharma
- T20 World Cup: England’s cricketer Liam Livingstone doubtful after Finger Injury
- T20 World Cup OMN vs BAN: Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Dream11 Prediction
- CSK’s opener Ruturaj Gaikwad gets a grand welcome at home
- T20 World Cup: Gautam Gambhir says ‘Hardik Pandya must bowl to get into India’s playing XI’
- IPL 2021: Top 3 performers for KKR in the tournament
- MS Dhoni confirms He will continue to pay for CSK in IPL 2022