19-year-old weightlifter Jeremy Lalrinnunga wins Gold medal: 19-year-old Jeremy Lalrinnunga has won a Gold medal in the men’s 67kg weightlifting at the Commonwealth Games 2022.
In his first appearance in the Games, Jeremy set a new Commonwealth Games record of 300kg overall (140kg snatch and 160kg in clean and jerk).
19-year-old Jeremy Lalrinnunga was standing tall with a salute to the Indian flag as the national anthem was played in Birmingham.
He is a proud young man on the top step of the podium after having put behind a period of tough times in the last year due to injuries and health issues.
Jeremy overcame what looked like cramps after setting a new snatch Games record with the 140kg lift.
He went for 154kg in his first attempt in the clean and jerk and fell on his knees on the podium, wincing in pain.
However, he came out for the 2nd lift and completed the successful lift of 160kg, which was still 7kg less than his personal best.
Jeremy went for 165kg in his 3rd attempt but suffered a nasty elbow injury as he fell flat on the podium, wincing in more pain.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo Arrives in Qatar in Style Along with Team Portugal
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes engage in an AWKWARD interaction
- Manchester United Didn’t Believe My Daughter Was ill in Hospital When I missed Pre-Reson: Cristiano Ronaldo
- IPL 2023 Retention: KKR is all set to release Pat Cummins
- Free Fire OB37 Update Features: New Zombie Mode, Gun, Pet, and More
- IPL 2023 Retention: MI & CSK Retained and Released players list; MI releases Kieron Pollard, CSK retains Ravindra Jadeja
- Step to Activate 5G on Apple iPhone 12, 13, 14 Series