Chris Woakes marked his return to Test cricket with a fantastic maiden century handling England a massive advantage over a beleaguered India in the second match on Saturday.
England finished third day in a dominant position , and reached 357 for six wickets when bad light stopped play at the Lord’s Woakes walked off unbeaten on 120 runs with Sam Curran (22*).
England led by 250 runs and a day after bowling out India for 107, the English duo of Woakes and Jonny Bairstow showed the way to the visiting batsman as to how to bat on this wicket, even through the strip eased out considerably.
Woakes came into the game after an injury0-induced break and as a replacement for the in form Ben Stokes.
India’s troubles with the bat in the England tour continued as England made a quick work of the visitors on the 2nd day at Lord’s. with James Anderson bowling lethal deliveries all day long, and picking up 5 wickets.
India bundled out for 107, England will start with her bat on the third day, and will look to up heavy lead against India. For the travelling side, it is all down to picking up quick wickets.
England as Chris Woakes (120*) and Jonny Bairstow (93) have put India on the mat and pushed the hosts in a position from where they can go on to win the Test to 2-0 lead in the five match series securing 250 run lead. With four wicket still hand on day three of the second test here at the Lord’s on Saturday.
Allrounder Chris Woakes display his batting ability with a first test century as he guided England to commanding lead over India 3rd of second test at Lord’s.
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play
- IPL 2021 Rajasthan Royals: Evin Lewis suffers shoulder injury during CPL Final
- IPL 2021: How to Buy Online IPL Tickets for matches in UAE’s Sharjah, Dubai & Abu Dhabi- Steps by Steps Explained
- IPL 2021 Playoff Qualification Status: Check what MI, CSK, DC, RCB, RR, KKR, SRH, PBKS need to qualify for IPL 2021 Playoffs
- IPL 2021: Fans allowed in Stadium to Watch IPL UAE Leg