Manchester United Didn’t Believe My Daughter Was ill in Hospital When I missed Pre-Reson: Cristiano Ronaldo:- Cristiano Ronaldo has lashed out at Manchester United for not ‘supporting’ and ‘trusting him’ when his sick daughter was taken to hospital in July. Ronaldo said that the Old Trafford club doubted him and showed a lack of empathy when he did not arrive on time for pre-season training.
Cristiano Ronaldo described his baby’s death as the “greatest pain,” and he received condolences from around the world, including from the Royal Family. Ronaldo, in the same explosive interview, said that he felt “betrayed” by Manchester United and claimed that manager Erik ten Hag and other people around the club are trying to force him out.
“I spoke with the director and the president of Man Utd and they kind of didn’t believe that something was going wrong, which made me feel bad,” Ronaldo said in an interview with Piers Morgan for TalkTV.
“I didn’t want to leave my family to do the pre-season because I didn’t think it was fair to leave my family for a pre-season. This is why I didn’t go.
“I am never going to change the health of my family for football. Now, or 10 years behind or forward.”
Ronaldo added that he spent a week in the hospital with his daughter and that his family struggled with everything that was happening.
“The Glazers, they don’t care about the club or professional sport. Manchester (United) is a marketing club,” he said.
“I want the best for the club. This is why I came to Manchester United and why I love the club.
Read More | IPL 2023 Retention: MI & CSK Retained and Released players list; MI releases Kieron Pollard, CSK retains Ravindra Jadeja
“But you have some things inside that don’t help (us) reach the top level as (Manchester) City, Liverpool and even now Arsenal … a club with this dimension should be top of the tree in my opinion and they are not, unfortunately.
Ronaldo went on to say that it would be difficult for United to remain at the top of the game in the next two to three years. Ronaldo’s first stint at United was under former manager Alex Ferguson, who retired in 2013. Ferguson, according to the Portuguese, shares his opinion of the club.
“He knows. Everyone knows. The people who don’t see that … it’s because they don’t want to see, they are blind.”
(With input from IndiaToday)
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo Arrives in Qatar in Style Along with Team Portugal
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes engage in an AWKWARD interaction
- Manchester United Didn’t Believe My Daughter Was ill in Hospital When I missed Pre-Reson: Cristiano Ronaldo
- IPL 2023 Retention: KKR is all set to release Pat Cummins
- Free Fire OB37 Update Features: New Zombie Mode, Gun, Pet, and More
- IPL 2023 Retention: MI & CSK Retained and Released players list; MI releases Kieron Pollard, CSK retains Ravindra Jadeja
- Step to Activate 5G on Apple iPhone 12, 13, 14 Series