England’s Joy was short lived as incoming batsman V Kohli and Rohit Sharma denied the hosts to make any further in roads in their batting line up as they stitched a crucial 167 run partnership for second wickets. Kuldeep Yadav has made his maiden fifer for 6/25 followed by Rohit Sharma’s unbeaten 137 knock a comfortable win over England in the first ODI at Trent Bridge on Thursday.
India won the match with eight wickets and 59 balls to spare. Rohit Sharma scored a century and it was surprise that Virat Kohli was dismissed for 75 that means England head to Lord’s on Sunday fighting to keep the series and needing to keep an eye in that No ranking an world cup favouritism.
India Chasing 269 , romped with 59 balls to spare, Shikahr Dhawan had to set the stage for fluent reply with a 27 ball 40. Against a much better Indian bowling attack, England’s batsman were all at sea. Kuldeep Yadav continued ad the left arm chinaman bowler dismantle the visitor with the wickets of Jason Roy, Joe Root, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes and David Willey.
Shikhar Dhawan out early becoming a victim of Moeen Ali in the eight over leaving India at 59/. Adil Rashid came with the second breakthrough for England as Kohli missed a flights delivery to be stumped in 33rd overs and then 33 runs needed, Rohit an KL Rahul helped to India reach the target with ease as the men in blue took 1-0 lead in the series.
Ben Stokes and Jos Butler shows some resistance against the visiting bowling attack to push their to a fighting total.
England was off to a decent start as opener J Roy and J Bairstow forged a 73 runs partnership for the first wicket.
England had to all out at 268 in 49.5 overs (J Buttler 53, Stokes 50: Kuldeep 6/25) lose to India 269/2 (Rohit Sharma 137, V Kohli 75: M Ali 1/60).
- Free Fire OB35 Advance Server: Starts Date & Time, Activation Code, and More
- List Cricketer Made T20I Debuts for India but Yet are to Play a Match in 2022
- PUBG revealed Deston Map officially: All You Need to Know
- Here’s Why SKY is better than Rishabh Pant and Shreyas Iyer at the No 4 Position for T20 World Cup
- Irfan Pathan Picks His Indian Playing XI for T20 World Cup 2022
- Yuvraj Singh Shared Name of His Son in Instagram
- ICC T20I Rankings: Ishan Kishan breaks into top 10 T20I batsmen after sensational performance against Proteas