Rafael Nadal is into the quarter finals of Wimbledon after a comfortable win over world no 2 Jiri Vesely, winning 6-3,6-3,6-4. It is unfamiliar territory for Rafael Nadal, who has been through more injuries than he can count since last time he got this far at Wimbledon in 2011. Man Mountain vesely struggled whenever Nadal fought his way past the Czech’s massive , and Spaniard always looked more comfortable in the rallies.
Both player are yet to drop a set yet in this year’s tournament, but something will have to give eventually. The result keeps live dreams of a Roger Federer vs Nadal final. 10 years after what many consider to be greatest Wimbledon finals of all time.
Roger Federer eased past France’s Adrian Mannrino 6-0.7-5,6-4 to reach the quarter finals of the Wimbledon at centre Court on Monday. World no 1 Rafael Nadal also registered a straight sets victory while Kei Nishikori reached his first quarter finals at the all England Club.
Top seed Federer ,36, has now won 32 consecutive sets at Wimbledon, just two behind his records set from the third round in 2005 to his title triumph in 2006.
The Swiss , who is yet wait for the match between Kevin Anderson and Gael Monfils to know his opponent in the quarters.
- T20 World Cup 2021: Indian Skipper Virat Kohli says KL Rahul to open with Rohit Sharma
- T20 World Cup: England’s cricketer Liam Livingstone doubtful after Finger Injury
- T20 World Cup OMN vs BAN: Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Dream11 Prediction
- CSK’s opener Ruturaj Gaikwad gets a grand welcome at home
- T20 World Cup: Gautam Gambhir says ‘Hardik Pandya must bowl to get into India’s playing XI’
- IPL 2021: Top 3 performers for KKR in the tournament
- MS Dhoni confirms He will continue to pay for CSK in IPL 2022