Uefa’s policy of not rescinding red cards is one of the football’s unnecessary injustice. A wronged club and player have no ground to appeal the mandatory one game ban, while the error of a mistaken refree still stands.
Cristiano Ronaldo to pull the hair of Valencia defender Jeison Murillo but in my view it was not a red card.
Cristiano Ronaldo was shown red card for a tussle with opponent in the 29th minute of the group H match between Juventus and Valencia.
Portugal Super start fell to the ground in disbelief and then yelled into the air in frustration, although it was 11th red card of C Ronaldo’s career, but first in the Champion League.
Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri felt the video assistant refree technology could have helped.
Var was used largely in World cup but it is not yet in use in the Champion League.
Allegri said that, Going down to 10 man in the Champion League for an incident like that is disappointing. We risked losing tonight with this and we will miss him for the next games too.
The UEFA panel studies all the red card cases and has the power to extend the mandatory one game plan.
C Ronaldo will definitely miss Jeventus’s home match against Young Boys in Oct 2. The subsequent game for Juventus is on Oct. 23 at Old Trafford , where Ronaldo played for six years. he also won the first of his five Champion League title while with United in 2008.
- T20 World Cup 2021: Indian Skipper Virat Kohli says KL Rahul to open with Rohit Sharma
- T20 World Cup: England’s cricketer Liam Livingstone doubtful after Finger Injury
- T20 World Cup OMN vs BAN: Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Dream11 Prediction
- CSK’s opener Ruturaj Gaikwad gets a grand welcome at home
- T20 World Cup: Gautam Gambhir says ‘Hardik Pandya must bowl to get into India’s playing XI’
- IPL 2021: Top 3 performers for KKR in the tournament
- MS Dhoni confirms He will continue to pay for CSK in IPL 2022