Uefa’s policy of not rescinding red cards is one of the football’s unnecessary injustice. A wronged club and player have no ground to appeal the mandatory one game ban, while the error of a mistaken refree still stands.
Cristiano Ronaldo to pull the hair of Valencia defender Jeison Murillo but in my view it was not a red card.
Cristiano Ronaldo was shown red card for a tussle with opponent in the 29th minute of the group H match between Juventus and Valencia.
Portugal Super start fell to the ground in disbelief and then yelled into the air in frustration, although it was 11th red card of C Ronaldo’s career, but first in the Champion League.
Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri felt the video assistant refree technology could have helped.
Var was used largely in World cup but it is not yet in use in the Champion League.
Allegri said that, Going down to 10 man in the Champion League for an incident like that is disappointing. We risked losing tonight with this and we will miss him for the next games too.
The UEFA panel studies all the red card cases and has the power to extend the mandatory one game plan.
C Ronaldo will definitely miss Jeventus’s home match against Young Boys in Oct 2. The subsequent game for Juventus is on Oct. 23 at Old Trafford , where Ronaldo played for six years. he also won the first of his five Champion League title while with United in 2008.
- Salman Khan announces Tiger 3 Release Date on 21st April
- Rishabh Pant Takes a Dig At Urvarshi Rautela: Sad How Some People Are so Thirsty For Fame and Name
- Maine Toh School Bhi Nahi Kiya: Virat Kohli
- Harley-Davidson Nightster Launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh: Check Features & Price
- New Zealand Pacer shock move as the Kiwi star granted release from the contract in a seismic moment
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 Leaked!! Check Price, Specifications
- Apple to launch iOS 16 beta 5: Check new features for iPhone