Cellular Operators Association of India has released a notice appealing the public not to believe in baseless accusations against the 5G Technology.
Rumours are that 5G has aggravated the COVID-19 spread in India. Multiple messages conveying the same information are making rounds online.
COAI said that even the World Health Organisation (WHO) has made it clear that there is no correlation between the COVID-19 virus and the 5G technology.
India doesn’t even have live 5G networks. So there is no way 5G can be the reason behind the surge of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Leaving India, there are multiple nations that are well on their path to recovery and have live 5G networks.
The fake news regarding the 5G and COVID-19 surge came out when the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) gave its permission to the telecom service providers (TSPs) for conducting 5G trials.
Note that the government gave permission to conduct live 5G trials only 3 days back.
During the 3 day period, the TSPs didn’t install any 5G tower or deploy 5G networks in any part of the country.
This means that 5G can’t be the reason behind the aggravation of the pandemic. There is still little time for the telcos to start with the 5G trials.
Director-General of COAI, Dr SP Kocchar, said that telecom services are the lifeline of the country at times such as this. He assured that there is no adverse effect on the health of a person. Because of 5G, nor does it boost the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
People are advised to be wary of such messages and not believe blindly in anything they receive online. The claims made against 5G are completely baseless. The public is requested to share the same information with their loved ones.
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play
- IPL 2021 Rajasthan Royals: Evin Lewis suffers shoulder injury during CPL Final
- IPL 2021: How to Buy Online IPL Tickets for matches in UAE’s Sharjah, Dubai & Abu Dhabi- Steps by Steps Explained
- IPL 2021 Playoff Qualification Status: Check what MI, CSK, DC, RCB, RR, KKR, SRH, PBKS need to qualify for IPL 2021 Playoffs
- IPL 2021: Fans allowed in Stadium to Watch IPL UAE Leg