Cellular Operators Association of India has released a notice appealing the public not to believe in baseless accusations against the 5G Technology.
Rumours are that 5G has aggravated the COVID-19 spread in India. Multiple messages conveying the same information are making rounds online.
COAI said that even the World Health Organisation (WHO) has made it clear that there is no correlation between the COVID-19 virus and the 5G technology.
India doesn’t even have live 5G networks. So there is no way 5G can be the reason behind the surge of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Leaving India, there are multiple nations that are well on their path to recovery and have live 5G networks.
The fake news regarding the 5G and COVID-19 surge came out when the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) gave its permission to the telecom service providers (TSPs) for conducting 5G trials.
Note that the government gave permission to conduct live 5G trials only 3 days back.
During the 3 day period, the TSPs didn’t install any 5G tower or deploy 5G networks in any part of the country.
This means that 5G can’t be the reason behind the aggravation of the pandemic. There is still little time for the telcos to start with the 5G trials.
Director-General of COAI, Dr SP Kocchar, said that telecom services are the lifeline of the country at times such as this. He assured that there is no adverse effect on the health of a person. Because of 5G, nor does it boost the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
People are advised to be wary of such messages and not believe blindly in anything they receive online. The claims made against 5G are completely baseless. The public is requested to share the same information with their loved ones.
- How to Add Stickers on Instagram Reels?
- Salman Khan announces Tiger 3 Release Date on 21st April
- Rishabh Pant Takes a Dig At Urvarshi Rautela: Sad How Some People Are so Thirsty For Fame and Name
- Maine Toh School Bhi Nahi Kiya: Virat Kohli
- Harley-Davidson Nightster Launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh: Check Features & Price
- New Zealand Pacer shock move as the Kiwi star granted release from the contract in a seismic moment
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 Leaked!! Check Price, Specifications