Apple has begun locking its battery with software to prevent cases of third party replacements. As detailed by iFixit, Apple has activated dormant software on its newest iPhone, Apple is effectively announcing a drastic new policy: only Apple batteried can go in iPhones, and only they can install them.
As per iFixit, If you replace the batteries in the news iPhone, a message indicating you need to service your battery appears in Settings>Battery, next to Battery Health. The Service message is normally an indication that the battery is degraded and needs to be replaced.
If users tried getting battery replacement from a third party service, a pop-up would appear on the iPhone that would rea, Unable to verify its this iPhone has a genuine Apple battery.
According to the report, the software lock appears to have been introduced to iPhone XR, iPhone X and iPhone XS Max models running the latest version.
Apple is locking batteries to their iPhone at the factory, so whenever you replace the batteries yourself. Even if you are using a genuine Apple battery from another iPhone- it will still give you the Service message. The only way around is you guessed it-paying Apple money to replace your iPhone batteries for you.
Presumably, their internal diagnostic software can flip the magic bit that resets this Service indicator. But Apple refuse to make this software available to anyone but themselves and Apple Authorized Service Providers.
Apple reportedly gearing up to launch a foldable device in two year. It will more likely an iPad then an foldable iPhone, According to the Swiss Investment bank USB.
- Apple iPhone 14 Accessories That You Use Every Day
- South African Provincial T20 Cup Full Schedule, Squads, Teams, Date & Time
- SHOCKING!! Indian Pacer Jasprit Bumrah ruled out of T20 World Cup Due to Injury
- Moeen Ali Wants to Ban Controversial Run-Out Rule
- KCA President Cup T20: LIO vs PAN Dream11 Prediction, Playing XI, Head to Head, Pitch Report for KCA Cup 2022
- How to Get The Ornamental Touch Desert Eagle And Warder Captain Bundle in Free Fire MAX
- iOS 16 Users Continue to Face unaddressed Bugs and Battery Drain Problems