WhatsApp will finally start showing WhatsApp ads to its Status section which was being speculated for a long time.
Facebook’s monetisation efforts towards WhatsApp, the mobile messaging service’s VP Chris Daniels on Wednesday said the company is going to put advertisement in its status section.
Chris Daniels said, “We are going to be putting ads in Status. That is going to be primary Monetisation mode for the company as well as an opportunity for businesses to reach on WhatsApp”
However, did not give any timeline to this development that has been in the new for some time.
He spoken on the sideline of the platform’s partnership with Invest India to promote Indian startup. Whatsapp will offer $250,000 to five startup through the WhatsApp Startup Challenge
Mark Zuckerberg’s goal to monetize WhatsApp has forced the social media messaging service’s co-founders to leave the company.
Brian Acton, told Forbes recently that Zuckerberg was in a rush to make money from the messaging service and undermine elements of its encryption technology. “Targeted advertisement is what makes me unhappy” Acton said
Status feature allows users to share the text, Photo, Video and Animated GIF that will be appear for 24 hours.
Alex Stamos, CEO at Facebook, defended the company’s decision to generate revenue on WhatsApp.
Four years after its acquisition by Facebook for $19 billion , WhatsApp which now has over 1.5 billion users against Facebook’s 2.3 , will reported carry targeted ads form 2019 on a platform that has been ad free till date.
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play
- IPL 2021 Rajasthan Royals: Evin Lewis suffers shoulder injury during CPL Final
- IPL 2021: How to Buy Online IPL Tickets for matches in UAE’s Sharjah, Dubai & Abu Dhabi- Steps by Steps Explained
- IPL 2021 Playoff Qualification Status: Check what MI, CSK, DC, RCB, RR, KKR, SRH, PBKS need to qualify for IPL 2021 Playoffs
- IPL 2021: Fans allowed in Stadium to Watch IPL UAE Leg