A Chinese app that lets users convincing swap their faces with film or TV characters has rapidly become one of the country’s most download apps. Zao, a free Deepfake face-swapping app that’s able to place your likeness into a scene from hundreds of movies and TV shows.
According to Bloomberg, App was released on Friday. And rapidly crossed and top of the free charts on the Chinese iOS App Store. Everyone is going crazy about it but the app also received immediate backlash for its privacy policies.
Users provide a series of selfies in which they blink, move their mouths and make facial expressions. Which the app uses to realistically morph the person’s animated likeness on the movies, TV shows or other contents.
Allan Xia tweet that a neat demonstration of what the app is capable of yesterday with a
According to Xia, the clips were generated in under eight seconds from just a single photograph. However, Bloomberg notes that the app can also guide you through the process of taking a series of a photograph.
Zao has shot to among the top free app list on the App Store within a week of its launch. But its listing is now being bombarded with negative comments because of one reason. Zao faced instant backlash from privacy enthusiasts- much like Face App.
Source: The Verge
- IPL 2021 CSK Playing XI vs MI: Robin Uthappa likely to be opening
- IPL 2021 KKR vs RCB Live: How to watch Live Streaming in India
- IPL: BCCI keen to welcome Lucknow as a new IPL City
- IPL 2021 CSK VS MI: Rohit Sharma vs Shardul Thakur MS Dhoni vs Jasprit Bumrah, Key Battle to watch out for
- IPL 2021: No MI or CSK, THIS franchise leads the list of most centuries by a team
- IPL 2021: Predicted the first Playing XI of Punjab Kings
- PUBG Mobile and BGMI 1.6 Update VS AI Mode: Here’s how to play